Chapter 8: Happy Birthday Bridget Grady

Owen's POV
Today was Bridget's 18th birthday and I didn't know what to do to make this birthday special. I mean, being stuck on an island doesn't really give you the perfect opportunity to host an amazing birthday party. I was just hoping for her to take a day off of all of this business with the dinosaurs being sick. I know now that her and Dean are kind of a thing, according to Sam. I didn't mind it personally, he was a good guy for her. I was helping Bridget get some berries from around the island when I thought it would be a perfect time to wish her a happy birthday by myself. "Bridget?" I said trying to get her attention, and she just hummed in response. "You know what day it is today, right?" I asked, with the whole being on an island for almost a year, you probably can lose track of the dates. She shook her head. "It's June 20th." I said with a bit of glee. It was a happy day but a sad day at the same time. Her mother died on this day while giving birth to her. Bridget alway saw it as a day of sadness for her mother rather then a day of happiness for herself. "Dad, you know I don't care about my birthday." She said. "I know, it's just, I couldn't help it. I know how much you hate your birthday, but your 18 now! That's a big step!" I said with a smile, she just looked down. "You don't know how I see it, do you? I don't see birthdays as a day to celebrate you growing up another year. It's just a reminder that you are one year closer to your death." With that, she walked away towards camp. Is that really how she felt about a special day like this?

Bridget's POV
Another year older. Another year of my miserable life. I couldn't stand this day. My mother died on this day. I was the reason for her death and still feel responsible. I was walking back to camp when Dean passed me. He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. He attached our lips together in a soft, warm kiss that I couldn't help but smile after. He smirked, "Happy birthday." He said and I scoffed, causing him to chuckle. "What is with people and birthdays? It doesn't really matter anyway." I said and began to walk away. Dean grabbed my arm again and made me face him. "It's your birthday, even if you hate it. You need to have fun a loosen up. This is your day, not anyone else's but yours." He said and I thought about what he just said and nodded. "You know Dean? That was actually wise!" I said with a laugh and he chuckled. "I can be wise sometimes!" He said defensively and I shook my head. "Sure you can." I said with sarcasm in my voice. I was about to walk away when suddenly I felt extremely dizzy. I grabbed on to a nearby tree and held on to it for dear life. Dean came up behind me and grabbed my waist and carried me bridal style to the camp. He took me inside my tent where her put his hand on my head and felt my temperature. He grabbed a cold cloth and placed it on top of my head. My insides felt like it was on fire, and I felt so tired. Dean said he would be right back, but I drifted off to sleep before he left.

Dean's POV
Bridget is sick, but not with the flu or anything. These were the same symptoms of what the dinosaurs have. I began to worry, this disease could kill her. I ran to find her dad and saw that he was still picking berries. I ran up to him, out of breath and he raised an eyebrow. "You okay?" He asked while chuckling. I shook my head and caught my breath. "It's Bridget, I think she's sick." Owen dropped the baskets full of berries and ran to where the camp was, me closely behind. When I got to the tent, her eyes were closed. She was showing the same symptoms, fever, dizziness, blood shot eyes, weakness, and coughing up blood which hasn't happened yet. Dean said he was going to check the medical supplies to see if there was anything there. I just stayed in the tent with her, hoping she will be okay.