12

'Do two more for a full set, Leigh,' ordered Rob, his trainer. Rob was kicking the hell out of his upper body today.

'One more,' he said keeping a hawk eye on the boy's reflection as he spotted the weight. 'Dig, Leigh. You.. got..

Yes! Drop it. Go do your cool down stretches and we're done for today. I'll see you next week.'

The boy nodded at Rob and went to the area of the gym with softer mats used for pre-workout stretches and warmups. He looked at himself in the mirror. The chubby Leigh was no more the day he was dumped by Sir. But now he really felt he was smaller, lighter and stronger. It been a little over 3 years now.

His eyes showed life behind them, though the purpose for living was.. hide and seek? His shoulder screamed as he grasped his elbow and gently tugged it behind his head, deepening the stretch of his triceps. He held it, gritting his teeth until the muscle gave a little before doing the same to the other side.

Leigh moved into stretching out his hams, one leg out past 90° and leaned into the stretch. His long blond hair was tied into a messy bun which unraveled because he still wasn't good at handling long hair. It was way past his shoulders now. Thick and curly. His mother called him a shaggy poodle and constantly offered to take him for a cut. It reminded him too much of Sir and how he loved to play in it. He pushed those thoughts away when a pair of bright colored sneakers stepped into his view.

'Aren't you a cutie?'

The owner of the voice squatted down to Leigh's level. Smirking, the boy thought this was another gym bro who couldn't tell the difference and was going to mess with them, but the guy winked when they made eye contact. Leigh schooled his face and stretched his other ham.

'Aw.. baby.. Don't be like that.. you are too pretty to make an ugly face like that.'

Leigh hopped up from the mat in an aggressive way, slinging the mop of his fallen hair over his shoulder. 'You think I am pretty?'

'Gorgeous..' the taller man supplied with a lick of his bottom lip. Leigh inwardly cringed.

Moving closer to the brown haired man, he said, 'I have a kink..'

'What kind?' The man asked with a mischievous glint in his eye. 'Mark, by the way. Maybe I can help you work it out..'

'All of them,' Leigh said lowly as he leaned closer to the taller man and flicked at his hard nipple through the tight damp t-shirt clinging for its life. 'But you aren't big enough for me.'

The boy stepped away from the man. Leading them on and leaving them was something he learned he had the power to do once he figured out how to dominate his shyness.

'Hey.. hey! Pretty baby, ka-mone.. Don't walk away when we are just tal--'

The man reached for Leigh grabbing his shoulder in hopes of turning him back around to face him, but he was cut off by a loud shout.

'HEY! GET YOUR HANDS OFF!' A smaller woman strode over and shoved the brown headed man back. Putting herself between Leigh and the man, she hissed, 'Back the hell up!'

'This is between me and him, Karen,' the taller man eyed her crazily, then glanced up to meet the eyes of Leigh. Boredom was written across the boy's face, but he was rather interested in his tiny hero.

She was blue haired with dark roots. Her smaller arms were covered in scattered tattoos. 'From what I see, dumbass, he's not into getting manhandled without permission. So, get fucking lost!'

A small crowd gathered, and a few people had their phones out, though this gym had a no filming policy.

'My valiant knight,' Leigh chuckled at his wording and patted the woman's tense shoulder, 'at ease. This gentleman was just going on his way.'

She continued to glare at the man until he backed down, mainly as his eyes darted around the room to see people staring at them. He huffed and stuffed his headphone back in his ear before stalking off and muttering something, including the words "fucking bitches."

Leigh didn't care about the man and would have made a mess out of him by topping his bro ass. He itched to find a suitable replacement.. no one ever came close.

His little hero whipped around and looked at him with big eyes. She grabbed both of his upper arms in a firm grip as she asked, 'Are you okay?'

He nearly scoffed and brushed her off when she set her mouth in a quick frown and looked him over. 'I've had a bad feeling about that fucking creep, since I've noticed him. Just fucking weird..'

'It's all good. Maybe a little my fault since I lead him on.' Leigh admitted the last part in a lower voice.

She laughed, shaking her head, and released her hold on him. 'It doesn't matter. Leading on guys like that or not.. you walked away. That is a clear signal the conversation was over.'

He tilted his head at her, feeling his bun flop and unravel completely to the side. He thought he might be in love, like a little kid first seeing a puppy.

'I like you,' he blurted it out without thinking and blushed, something he hadn't done in a long time. He continued blabbing, 'I don't really have friends- friends and you seem pretty cool. Wanna hangout some time? I mean only if you want to.. Fucking hell.. Why is it so hard to make friends as an adult?!'

His voice as he spoke rose and fell several pitches and his face burned brighter. He wanted the gym floor to swallow him whole, but the blue eyed, blue haired girl giggled at him.

'You're cute, skittish with a brave front, like a bunny,' she commented, looking down her front and patting her legs. She missed the color drain from Leigh's face.

She handed him her phone. 'Add your details, Bun. And let's carb up after this? I've got nothing going now..'

He nodded dumbfounded by this woman. Taking her phone and putting in his number. Leigh Barnes xxx xxx 1101.