Chapter II

The next day; Melani went out to grab her andalusian horse Sebastian to take it out for a ride through Drageheart she stops her horse when she saw the stables of where dragons were crawling around or took flight

The next day; Melani went out to grab her andalusian horse Sebastian to take it out for a ride through Drageheart she stops her horse when she saw the stables of where dragons were crawling around or took flight. The sight was beautiful — She was used to her aunts and her father's dragons but never this much.

"I knew this is where you'll be." Alisha spoke up from behind a tree.

Melani dismounts off of her horse. "Promise not to tell father?"

She smiles, "Of course." She outstretched her hand out for her granddaughter who took her hand while leading her towards the dragon stables named the Dragechambers. Melani smiles when she sees Xerxes laying in the ground half asleep, "Hey Xerxes." She placed her hands onto his snout and placed her head onto his. The Blood Serpent licks her face in which she giggles.

Alisha chuckles, "I'll be right back, you may explore around here if you like. But please be cautious - Some of these dragons are still a bit...Riled when it comes to strangers." She warns Melani.

The Castille princess nods her head; "Of course."

••°••°••°••°••°

After Alisha left Melani to explore around the stables; she headed inside the large catacombs - stroking the claw marks that embedded into the rocky surface, her eyes were wide in awe while the torches lit her way.

An echo of roars cried out in the darkness that caught her attention - She followed the sound even though her insides told her not to, she managed to find the source of the sounds.

It was the dragon from the ship but now covered in chains, they dug into his skin and partially blind his left eye — Smoke literally penetrated from his nostrils while his eyes were a fiery red. Melani gulps as she steps forward at the creature, she gently whistles at him to get his attention.

And he snaps his head forward as his slit eyes glare at Melani, "Hello there." She gently spoke. But he just snarls, baring his teeth but the princess wasn't fazed by the angry dragon. "Quies." 'Calm' She spoke sternly. The dragon looked at her in surprise that she wasn't scared of him.

"That's better." She made her way around the dragon — Her eyes landed on the pike that had a chain attached to it. "Don't worry, I won't harm you. I just wanna help." she grips onto the large chain with her small hands and starts to tug at them, she grunts while tugging at the chain.

She stops when she feels a breath behind her, she slowly turns her head at the black dragon who opens his maw where strands of saliva were shown. This is it. She thought I'm going to die.

But that didn't happen. Instead he grabs onto the chain and helps her pull the chain out, they succeed at pulling one of the chains out that released his left wing and feet out — The two manage to remove all the chains from the wild dragon. The Black Devil stretches and removes the chains from his body. He roars at the chambers as he steps forth and hasten out towards the entrance, without thinking Melani grips onto his quills and uses them to climb onto his back. Half of her questioned what she was doing while the other half just went with the flow.

"This is the dumbest idea I've ever had." She told herself.

The Black Devil snapped his head forward when he heard Melani's voice, instead of attacking. He simply rolled his shoulder blade to help her balance on him as he ran out the entrance — leap onto a large boulder while spreading his grand wings and took to the sky.

Melani had her eyes glued shut until she slowly open her eyes with a gasp when she was in the clouds on a dragon — The grand black wings crack like thunder to beat away the haze of clouds, Melani's heart soar along with the clouds — She lifts a hand up to touch the clouds, feeling the tingling sensation on her fingertips.

Shetan stare at the girl at the corner of his eye when he suddenly felt a tug deep inside his chest — Like something erupted inside him like a flame, he now feels the need to protect her at all cost.

••°••°••°••°••°

The dragon lands on a lone small island west of Drageheart, he lowered himself down for Melani to get down. The princess let out a giggle, "That was fun." She exclaims. But her giggles ceased when she saw the dragon staring right at her, she noticed that he wasn't attacking her but stare at her.

She reaches her hand out — He flinches while growling, she quickly lowers her hand just as the growls cease. She slowly reaches her hand out in which he lowers his jaw onto the palm of her hand for her to scratch. And she did, she could hear and feel the rumbles coming from his throat.

The two had bonded through thick and thin.

An hour has passed when they land on the lone island — The princess lay comfortably on Shetan's chest while they stare at the clouds, but Melani knows that she has to go back to her kingdom.

She looked up at Shetan and said, "We must go back." But Shetan let out a grumble as he looked down at the girl. "I have too. My father might be looking for me."

With a heavy sigh, he lowered his body for Melani to climb on. She grabs his quills for Shetan to take off into the sky.

••°••°••°••°••°

It was the break of dusk when Melani returned back home, sure enough that her father was waiting for her — When Shetan landed on the large bridge that connects to the kingdom and let her rider dismount off of him just as Drace wrapped his arms around his daughter. "Melani! Thank God you're okay. Where have you've been? Colton was looking for you?" He frantically said.

"I was with Shetan," She replies. "We flew into the sky and we landed on an island and stared at the close. Oh Father, it was wonderful!" She exclaims.

Drace looks up at the dragon and he notice something; He looks vaguely familiar like something straight from the past— Drace stood up and mutter out, "Bucephalir?"

Shetan tilts his head in confusion, who was this Bucephalir?

Then men on horseback held spears and chains, Shetan growled at them and roared at the unknown men.

"Quies, Shetan!" Melani commands but the dragon wasn't having it as he flaps his wings to take to the sky. Leaving behind a cloud of dust.

Melani tried to go after him until her father grasped her wrist. Melani protested for her father to let go until, "Enough Melani!" He shouts at her. Making her gasp as her eyes widen in fear.

Drace looks at her in shock, shit what he has done. He never shouts at her. "Melani...I—" His daughter rips her arm out of his grasp, grabbing the hem of her dress and taking off with tears welled up in her eyes.

Drace let out a heavy sight while placing his hand upon his face.