Chapter VI

Venice Beach

Venice Beach

Sage leads Melani out of the mansion; Sneaking past the guards to a fence where a hole has been dug — They crawl through there and towards a small beach, the sounds of waves crashing at rocks.

"Sage, why are we here?" Melani asks her new friend.

"Watch this." She replies. She placed her two fingers in her mouth and let out a loud whistle that echoed to the ocean.
Then the earth and cliffs started to rumble, the vibration from whatever it came from made Melani fall off — Sage grasped her friend's hand "I got you." She assured her as she hoisted Melani up on the cliff.

They took a step back to see sand rise from the ground — They saw a large draconic creature shake the sand off of its body, its scales were a forest green with a dim yellow underbelly, it had no horns as it looked like it was broken off. The dragon was old, older than the other dragons Melani has seen. Almost ancient. It looked down at them with a rumble.

Sage looks up at the dragon with a smile, "Hey Mal." With a grunt the dragon places its head on the cliff for Sage to hug it. Then it let out small growls and grunts almost like it was speaking to her. "I know, it's been forever. I'm sorry." Sage groans sarcastically before giggling.

The dragon turned her head and rumbled in front of Melani, almost communicating to her but it wasn't the same when Shetan spoke to her — The language was old and primal, it was almost Old Nordic of sorts.

"Uh..Hello." She greeted the dragon. Mal spoke to the girl again, this time Melani could vaguely understand what the dragon could say, "Ég þekki þig, barn okkar tegundar."

"I know you, child of our kind?" Melani translated.

Sage looks up at her dragon and at Melani in confusion, she wonders how her new friend can communicate and understand Malaka's old language. "Mal?" The old dragon turned to eye her rider, "What do you mean by that?"

"Finndu Solis og Nokomi. Þeir munu segja þér það." The dragon explains to the girls. "Þú verður að flýta þér. Stríð er að koma." Then she spreads her wings that had a few small holes in them but that didn't stop the old dragon the flew away from them, leaving behind a cloud of dust in her wake.

"Melani," Sage spoke up. "What did she say?"

"She said 'Find Solis and Nokomi. They will tell you. You have to hurry. War is coming." She recited towards Sage.

••°••°••°••°••°

Drageheart

Back at Drageheart; Drace was passed out on the dirt floor he was bleeding profusely after his intake of beatings and forced answers to where his daughter is, like always he refused to answer them. To tell the truth, he wasn't sure where she was but he hoped to God she's safe.

He felt like he failed as a father, he failed his wife, he failed his longtime friend.

"I'm sorry Zoë, I-i failed. I failed our daughter, she's probably dead now." Tears streamed down his face, his voice breaking as he spoke. "What am I supposed to do?"