Chapter VII

"Shetan, where are we going?" Melani questions him

"Shetan, where are we going?" Melani questions him. They have been flying for about two days now, she had ask him where they're going but she'd only received a growl or a grunt — It's also been raining for a day now, Melani and Sage were both soaked and cold from the rain and the wind — They're only source of warmth were from their dragon's flame that's ignited from their chest.

Finally he spoke, "I'll show you." Finally they made it to what looked like a temple from long ago, it was covered in nature itself. Both dragons landed in front of the old building, they lower their bodies for their riders to climb down.

Shetan shook the water off of his body and said, "Through there."

"Come on." Melani said to Sage. They both walk up the large stairs towards the entrance, they've both push open the old door with a loud creak. The girls cough when dust flew out as new air seeps in, "Oh and uh, cover your mouth next time." Shetan spoke while alight on at the entrance.

"A bit too late for that." Melani told him, in which she receive a guttural laugh in response.

The sunlight broke through the cracked open doors, Melani was the first to step inside the temple. Her eyes landed on the runic carvings on the walls, each one tells a story about history of the dragons itself. Especially one about DrageHeart.

The princess lightly strokes the markings that's carved in the walls —Her eyes wander above the crystals that hang above the caves, "You've ask me why are we here," Shetan spoke up, he stood right next to her. "Remember when I told you that I worry about Solis and Nokomi?" She nods.

"Well I have to show you something." He proceeds to leave with Melani follow him, they walk deeper in the temple — Melani could hear...snoring?

As her and Sage headed at the entrance and saw two large dragons asleep next to each other; One was white with gold specks on its scales and crystal blue underbelly, its horns were large and looked it it was made of gold, its muzzle was curve wolf-like similar to Xerxes. While the other one were black with mixture of purple in its scales, Melani can swore she can see stars in its scales. Its horns were curve upwards and had wolf-like snout like the other one but with jagged exposed teeth.

Both dragon's legs were chained up to the stone wall, she saw gold blood dried around the white dragon's leg while black blood seeps through the other dragon's leg.

Melani couldn't believe it,  there lay the two large sister their selves. Solis and Nokomi.Possibly the famous dragons aside of Malaka and Hecatir.

The young Castille walk forth, kneeling down and place hand on Solis while closing her hand — Shetan walk towards his rider. "Melani," He spoke. "What do you feel or see?" He ask.

She open her eyes and look over at him, "Trapped." She responds. "Just feeling trapped. They've been like this for weeks."

He nods, "Then let's break their bonds." He bop his head at the chains. She grips the chain and starts to pull with the help of Shetan but the chains wouldn't budge, "Sage?" Melani call to her friend who's eyeing the ruins until she heard her name being called. "A little help?"

"Oh shit yeah." She runs over and aid her friend along with Malaka with the chains, together they pulled the chains to set the two sisters free. They watch the chains turn to ashes right in front of their eyes.

Nokomi was the first to open her midnight night blue eyes to stare at Melani with a look of curiosity instead of hostility, she raise her hand up for Nokomi to place her snout upon. Solis opens her golden eyes and look upon at the young girl and inhale her scent— Melani chuckles while stroking Nokomi's smooth scales, she pull back to watch the two sisters walk out of the temple.

Nokomi jump forward and flew up into the stormy clouds, a rip tore through the gray clouds to reveal the bright stars and the moon — Solis let out a gurgle roar, like a call almost. She turn her head back at Melani with a low growl and gurgle before flying away.

"Well, it's nice to see the night sky again." Sage spoke. "I won't miss the rain." Shetan grunts in agreement.

Melani chuckles, "Me neither." She agrees — She looks down to see a sword covered in dirt, she picks up the handle and lifts the blade as sand pours off to reveal a shiny black blade with unique Nordic engraved into the blade. "Jeg husker det bladet." 'I remember that blade' She heard Malaka spoke. "Den sier at en stor kriger en gang vil bruke bladet i kamp." 'It says that a great warrior will once wield the blade in battle.'

Melani looks at the blade, her reflection staring back at her. "Behold det. Du trenger det kanskje en dag." 'Keep it. You might need it one day' The girl nods and place the sword into its holster and place it on her back.

They walk out of the cave just in time to see Solis raise the sun from the horizon. "So what are we gonna do?" Sage ask.

The young Castille looks over at her friend, "Well first find something to eat, and then try to find some allies." She explains.

Sage shrugs, "Sounds good."

"I could go for a bite." Shetan steps in.

"I know." Melani said with a smile.