Chapter III

Tw: Offesive language.

Now he sat on his high chair in an empty meeting room while mentally punching himself — He hated himself for shouting at her daughter, he'd never done that before since it was no use due to her being a good girl

Now he sat on his high chair in an empty meeting room while mentally punching himself — He hated himself for shouting at her daughter, he'd never done that before since it was no use due to her being a good girl. Now Melani probably hates him now.

He heard heels clacking against the floorboard, a hand placed against his shoulders. "She'll be okay." Alisha spoke.

"I yelled at her." He whispers out. "I never yelled at her."

"Just give her some time, she just needs to be alone is all." Alisha assures as she sat beside her son-in-law. "I know how she feels — I've been in her shoes before. " Drace sighs at that. Alisha bids Drace farewell and walks off.

He just let his head fall down to examine his fingers - Ever since the death of his beloved wife the feeling of insecurities of being a father to his daughter, he tried his best to be the father than his father ever was. So far he felt like he was failing.

"Dad?" His head snaps up at the sound of his daughter, she is hiding behind a stone pillar while half of her face is peeking out. "Come here." He spoke gently, trying not to scare her.

Melani lifts herself off of the pillar to make her way towards her father — She sat down beside where her grandmother once sat.

"How are you feeling, Darling? you know you can tell me anything." Drace gently spoke.

Melani shrugs, "I know." She traces marks over the wood table.

"Melani...I'm very much sorry for what I did. I didn't mean it, you know that right?"

"Yeah I know."

"Please don't stay angry at me." He tears up. Melani leaps into her fathers arms who wraps her into her chest, "I'll never be angry at you, Father. Beside it'll be despicable of me." Drace chuckles, he presses a kiss to her crown of her head.

"My king!" A soldier called out, he made his way where the father and the daughter were. "We have company."

••°••°••°••°••°

It was a quarter to sunset when Drace, his family, and a few soldiers walked forth at the stone arch bridge where a man stood with soldiers of his own. He was tall with a stocky build but what got the DrageHearts is his silver white hair.

Drace dismounts off of his horse to make his way towards the mysterious man, "Drace, be careful around this man." Alisha warns him. Drace nods and makes his way to the middle of the bridge.

"Sir! I am King Drace of DrageHeart." He spoke up.

The man smirks; "You're a lot smaller than you make yourself out to be. And weak." Drace furrows his brows at that. "But since we are being formal, allow me to introduce myself; I am Elias of Hardik."