Chapter V

Saint Venice

Saint Venice

Melani follows the unknown men into a large house that overlooks the ocean; The large border has scrapes that look like claw marks from land animals. She'd recently woke up from being knocked out, now she has a banging headache that won't leave.

She still doesn't know who these people are and what they want from her, do they work for the Hardiks?

The gate slowly pulls open with a loud groan, "Di là." 'Through there' One man spoke to her. The princess nods as she steps inside, she was glad that they didn't chain her up like an animal but just let her walk with them. As she steps through the gate to see a small village that's similar to her home but without a castle instead it was replaced with a large mansion.

"Seguimi." 'Follow me' A soldier tells her, she nods and proceeds to follow the soldier towards the large mansion — The large house had a dim pastel white with nature growing, the house was old with peeling wood and weeds growing around the fence.

The soldier turns the knob; with a click it opens as they both head inside. "Attraverso qui." 'Through here'.

Melani stepped inside a large lounge room where she saw a dark blonde male laying on the furniture with a book in hand, he simply wore a forest green satin robe. His violet eyes bore into hers with a serious glare, he closed his book and said "Chi è la ragazza?" 'Who is the girl?'

"L'abbiamo trovata nel bosco, vicino al confine." 'We found her in the woods, close to the border.' The soldier replies.

The man hummed, "Interessante." 'Intresting'

Melani spoke up, "What do you want from me?"

The man glared at her, "Excuse me?" He spoke in her language with an accent.

"I'm pretty sure you heard me, 'What. Do. You. Want. From. Me'?" The man didn't respond but just stared up at the princess. "Please I'm just confused as to why am I here?"

"I'm just sure that my men saved your life, Principessa. We don't want you to get hurt by those beings out there." The man sat up and placed the book down on the table. "Call me Atl." He lifts a hand out.

Melani thought for a moment then placed her hand on the Atl's, shaking it. "Melani. Melani Castille."

"Ah, Castille. Heard your kind was dead." He motions towards an empty couch in between the table and the couch he's currently sitting in — Melani went over and sat on the lone couch, a waiter came by and offered her a drink. Melani hesitantly grasped the glass of the unknown clear liquid, she nodded a thanks and sniffed it before taking a sip — Luckily it wasn't alcohol but instead ice cold water.

"My people aren't dead," Melani spoke after wetting her throat. "my father is still alive..I hope."

"What makes you say that?" Atl questions.