Part 7

"Why don't you just ask for my help? I think there are a few things we need to speak about, my dearest Bellatrix. One of them being the actual status or better place, you're occupying in my life right now. But we will do so in the morning. You seem not just in pain but also extremely exhausted. And I also noticed, when you opened your mind, what you needed earlier when you asked me to make love to you. And I gladly will grant you that. Just get into a comfortable position so I can hold you in my arms for the night as I intended anyway. I figured that the best way to explore my feelings for our child and you even more."

About to answer, Bellatrix suddenly frowned and shut her eyes, her face distorted as if she wasn't feeling well. Taking a deep breath, she gulped heavily then informed the wizard.

"I need a moment, please."

Covering her mouth with one hand, she scooted towards the hem of the mattress only to get to her feet and quickly sit back down, feeling dizzy again.

Before she could try again, the sick feeling witch was scooped up into her master's strong arms and carried into the adjoined bathroom, where he helped her kneel in front of the toilet. To her puzzled look he said with a grin.

"I can still enter your mind, dear. I'll be right outside to help you back as soon as you're done. Please don't shut me out again before I know you're safely back in bed."

She nodded, while opening the lid of the toilet and turning her head. The dark lord was torn between her wish for him to leave so he wouldn't see and hear her vomiting and her even deeper hidden urge for him to hold her, rub her back and give her some comfort while she did.

He decided for the latter, ignoring her silent plea for him to leave and sat beside Bellatrix, one arm around her front to hold her steady, the other lying on her spine so he could rub with his hand between her shoulders.

After he had helped Bellatrix clean herself and brush her teeth, he had carried her back into the bed and placed himself right behind her, his arm on her hip bone, his hand gently resting on her belly, his fingers caressing the skin like she had done earlier that day.

After some time he whispered into the woman's ear, being well aware that she wasn't sleeping and instead waiting for him to either leave or do anything she was used to from him, like shouting at her, hurting her in any way or at least giving her any order what she had to do next. But instead Bellatrix heard him say.

"What you're feeling for this child, I can too. And I can feel the same for you. All of this has brought me to the conclusion that by carrying my child, dear Bella, you have become part of my blood, as you said, I was able to love my blood. It still seems to be a different kind of love than for example your sister and Lucius have, but it's a lot considering the curse my own mother laid on me."

"My Lord, I... I feel flattered. But I would be more than happy if you could love our child alone. I am not worth your love. This baby though is worthy of everything. Not only because it's your heir, which is the highest birth-right one can have, but also because it's a descendant from the noble house of Black. Every witch and wizard in the world should bow to it." Bellatrix exclaimed excitedly.

"Don't call your daughter 'it', Bellatrix. And don't give me that look. I just figured that out myself. Until I tried to connect with our child, I couldn't tell, but as soon as I did, I knew. It's as if she told me by opening her own mind the second you did."

The pregnant woman was shaking and her voice was trembling as she timidly asked.

"Can you show me, my lord? I know you don't like it when I try to look into your thoughts, but maybe just this once, you could make an exception?"

"I've given you a child and I have given you my heart, Bellatrix Black. There is nothing left in my mind that you aren't allowed to see, though I am very certain that you won't even try to see anything more than you asked for."

"Of course not, my Lo... my... I could handle calling you my heart. Because you are the heart that kept me alive through all the years in Azkaban and after. Even before, when I had to do my marital pledges... when he came for me in the middle of the night, tearing off my clothes and... I guess you can imagine without me telling you the details."

His anger was boiling up again and he tightened his grip around her yet without hurting the woman carrying his child, he just made her feel safer by doing so.

"Show me!" Voldemort hissed. "Not everything, just one incident. I can shield you from seeing it too."

"Oh no! I can very well stand to remember those moments, if I just think about the things he will have to go through if you keep your promise and I need to say just one word..."

And with those words she opened her mind completely for him, let him see all the cruelty and disgrace. Even on their wedding night when she had begged him to be careful because she was still a virgin, he had been ruthless. Not violating her as he had done countless times as the years passed, but way too drunk to even understand her words and give his very young wife at least some time to adjust. There had been very few occasions when she had felt a bit of pleasure but most of the time he had either finished very fast himself, not even trying to cause any pleasure in the pretty young witch, or he had taken her by force, the act itself giving him some stamina and let him go on for hours at some points.