Part 14

He had been beside her bed again when she opened her eyes the next morning and had even brought some breakfast for her. Only two dry croissants, but she was so touched by the gesture that she started to cry. That seemed to upset him a little and she reached for the food, muttering.

"Thank you, my lord. That's very kind."

He cleared his throat, then informed her.

"Your sister told me, the sickness might be less bad if you ate a little bit of something like bread or some fruit. I just thought that Bellatrix Black was worth more than plain bread and brought those instead. I certainly hope you like them."

"I do, my lord. It's very thoughtful and very sweet of you to spoil your servant so much."

He took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"I dare say that you are more than a servant or a follower. Or did you ever see me approach any other witch the way I approach you? I have to admit, Bellatrix, it's just you who makes me even feel my ancestors' curse. Now eat and rest. Until further notice, you're not to leave this Manor without my personal permission. You need to get a lot better at first. Do you understand that?" He ordered and the pregnant witch obeyed hesitantly.

"Is there any problem with following my orders?" Voldemort asked, raising his brows.