Chapter 7- Leave Her Alone

Y/n remained in the Captian's study as she began to write about what she had seen so far, however, she couldn't shake off her miserable feeling. It was just the other night that Jim insisted that Y/n coming along and didn't take no for an answer, but now he wasn't even acknowledging her. Whenever he did he would be so abrupt about it, like he was teasing her once again. She roams around the ship for a little while and tried to strike off conversation for the journal, not everyone spoke the same language but luckily for her, she knew several. Y/n started jotting down notes of all the different types of languages and creatures that were aboard the ship.

'Why does he act like this?' Y/n thought to herself. 'Why can't he just be-'

Just then Y/n heard the Captain's voice call out from the deck. "All hands on deck, we depart in two minutes!"

"Well, I guess I've got to observe and record the takeoff," Y/n mumbled to herself as she grabbed her book. She looked around to see the crew scrabbling on deck preparing for take-off. Y/n took note of everything that was going on, just then from the corner of her eyes she saw Jim looking around the ship childlike.

Y/n remembered how obsessed Jim was with pirates growing up, they would play for hours on end. 'He's not the same guy you knew,' Y/n thought to herself. 'He's not the same boy you grew up with.'

Once the sails were released they began to glow from their solar rays, the ship lightly began to hover from the ground. Then Y/n noticed something strange; her hair began to float. Y/n yelped in fear as she began to float completely off the ground.

"Mr. Snuff engage artificial gravity!" The Captain called out, with the pull of a leaver Y/n was soon back on her two feet.

"You dropped this," a voice said Y/n turned around to see Jim with the journal in his hands, Y/n gave him a cold look as she took the journal from his hands without saying a word. "Are- you alright?" He asked as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I'm fine," Y/n said as she narrowed her gaze at the book and began to scribble notes.

"Then why aren't you looking at me?" Jim asked as he lowered his head to meet her gaze.

"No reason," Y/n said as she walked away from Jim, still not looking him in the eyes.

"Hey wait- Y/n," said as he jogged to Y/n's side. "Hey, what's wrong with you?"

Y/n whipped her neck back to face him. "You didn't have to be so rude to me in front of people," Y/n loudly whispered to him.

Jim looked at Y/n confused."What do you mean by that?"

"Back in the Captain's office, you looked like you wanted nothing to do with me and now you're nice all of a sudden?" Y/n said out of breath, "You constantly give me these rude looks and-"

"Jimbo!" A voice called out to him.

Jim's eyes widened as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Oh no," he whispered to Y/n.

"I thought I told you to start moping-" Just then Y/n saw the robotic man that stood before her. He had an eye that looked like a laser and he was missing an arm and leg. "Oh, where are my manners? Mr. Silver at ye service," the man said as he tipped his hat.

"Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"Wait! Don't tell me," the Cyborg said as he shut his eyes tightly as though he was trying to remember. "You're Y/n," he said with a smirk.

A smile grew on Y/n's face. "Yes sir how did you know?" She asked as she rested her pen in her book.

"Ah Jimbo was tellin' me about you," he said with a grin.