Chapter 9- Jim's Jacket

Y/n anxiously scribbled the scenery as she waited for Jim to return. She wondered what he was doing but she couldn't think of anything. Y/n sat there was a small smile on her face as she thought about how this was the first time she was with Jim when wasn't acting like his disagreeable self.

I mean, if she was being honest, she's always had a little crush on him. Like the way he called her Duchess, even though she said she hated it, it kinda made her feel blush. And how she would always catch him looking at her, even at the Inn. Maybe he could change out of his rude boy exterior, he's already shown the wanting to tonight.

'This is crazy!' Y/n thought to herself. 'Not even a week ago I couldn't stand him and now I'm blushing every time he opens his mouth,' Y/n smiled to herself as she thought about how Jim even remembered her wild imagination as a kid. Just then she jumped by seeing a hand appear in front of her.

"Jim?!" She whispered.

"Help me please- I'm slipping!" Jim struggled to say as he tried his best to climb back into the nest. Y/n quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him in. Jim fell to the floor with a wheezing laugh.

"What did you do?" Y/n asked as she looked down at him with a smile. She then noticed something wrapped in a (clean) dishcloth.

"Well, I eh-" he said embarrassingly. "Let me just set it up he said as he stood up to meet Y/n gaze. Jim looked at the blanket that was wrapped around her shoulders.

"What?" Y/n smiled as she raised an eyebrow. Jim hesitantly stretched his hand a touch Y/n's shoulder. He looked into her eyes as he lightly pulled the blanket from off her body, Y/n was now utterly confused, and cold. He then placed the blanket on the floor of the nest.

Jim then sat on the floor and grabbed the dishtowel. "I remember how you said you'd said that you'd wake up at the crack of dawn and that you'd live off of bread, cheese and tea... I thought it would be nice to see the sunrise together," Jim said looking down, his face was completely red. "Y' know for the journal." Jim then began to unwrap the dishcloth to relieve of bread, cheese and jam.

"Jim," Y/n exhaled surprised. "You-"

"I also brought some tea," Jim said as he pulled a thermos out of his jacket pocket. "I know you used to have a cup every morning back at the Inn."

Y/n looked at Jim completely speechless. This was the most beautiful thing someone had ever done for her. "Jim, thank you," Y/n said as she sat next to him. "Who would have known you were such a sweetheart," she said as Jim began to pour her some of the hot beverage.

"There's a lot you don't know about me," Jim said with a wink, Y/n's eyes widened. "Sorry I couldn't do better for some breakfast, this is all that Silver had in the kitchen that wasn't locked away."

"No, this is great OH LOOK!" Y/n pointed at multiple shooting stars. There were hundreds of stars soaring across the sky.

"Ya this happened every so often," Jim said looking up at the sky. "You've never seen this... have you?" He asked frowning at her.

"Never," Y/n said not taking her eyes off the night sky she fell completely in love with the scenery. Jim didn't even bother looking at the sky he kept his eyes on Y/n, taking in every moment of her admiring her. Y/n felt as though this was exactly where she needed to be, she couldn't explain it but she just knew.

Jim realized how much of a beautiful girl Y/n had become. How much they both had grown. He then looked at her to see Y/n holding herself for warmth.
Jim slipped off his jacket and placed it on Y/n's back. "It's kinda chilly doncha think?" He asked as he placed his hands behind his head and leaned up against the surrounding of the nest.

Y/n blushed as she put her arms through the sleeves. "Oh really? I hadn't noticed," she said in a high-class tone Jim chuckled at the remark. He then looked up to see her swimming in his oversized jacket. He smiled at the sight of her.

"Is- everything okay?" Y/n asked looking at Jim.

"Hm what- oh ya everything's great," he said trying to shake away the feeling of falling. Y/n raised an eyebrow at him she then grabbed the journal.

"Oh well, I better get some stuff down," Y/n then got to work scribbling in the journal, whenever she wasn't sure about something she'd ask for Jim's opinion and to her surprise, he was clever with his words. They shared ideas over their breakfast on the blanket, Jim would often catch himself staring at Y/n in his jacket. Y/n would often look at Jim from time to time, seeing him look at her made her feel different. It made her feel special.

That morning Y/n saw the most miraculous and breathtaking sunrise. It was faster than the blink of an eye and it stretched far beyond their horizon. Jim felt a light tap on his shoulder he looked down to see Y/n was resting her head. He smiled at her, "So did you write it down yet?" He waited for her to reply but she didn't. He leaned his head forward to see Y/n sound asleep.

Jim reached out to Y/n's lap and carefully grabbed her the journal. He then began to read the description that the two had come up with.

✵✵✵

"Y/n, hey Y/n," Jim lightly whispered as she slightly shook her. "You have to get back before the Captain finds us."

Y/n's eyes widened in fear "Oh-no what time is it?" She asked as she sprung her head up.

"I dunno- hurry and get back before you get in trouble I'll take care of the mess," Jim said as he began to gather up their belongings.

"Your jacket?" Y/n said as she began to take it off.

"Keep it on," Jim said as he gently pulled it onto her shoulders once again. If Y/n wasn't awake before she was now. Her eye grew onto Jim as she wore his jacket. Y/n looked at Jim and wanted to kiss him so badly.

"Go," Jim whispered as he gave her the journal. Y/n nodded as she climbed down the nest.

Once she climbed down Y/scurried to her room in the Captian's quarters. Closing the door behind her she flopped on her bed while sealing in her pillow. "Wait- what am I thinking?" She whispered, "This is Jim we're talking about, the guy who's moody and only cares about himself." Y/n paused for a moment. "Then again tonight he was different, he was sweet and caring and- I wanted to kiss him."

'WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?!' Y/n thought to herself as she sat up from her bed. 'I- did want to kiss him tonight, I wanted to be with him, to see the sunrise!' Y/n then reached into Jim's coat pocket and pulled out the journal. She opened up to her page to see what she and Jim had worked on.

She then saw a piece of paper hanging out from the corner of the book. Y/n pulled it out to see it was a note in Jim's ugly penmanship.

ᴹᵉᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒᵗᵗᵒᵐ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᴴᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵃᵗ ⁷ ᵗᵒⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ

Y/n eyes widened at the surprise note, "he wants to see me again?!"