Chapter 17- Flint's Trove

Jim looked down to see Y/n and Anthony on the floor, not knowing which one was shot. Y/n sat up pushing the hair away from her face. "DAD!" she cried as she crawled over to her father who was groaning in pain, "DAD!" She pleaded while cradling his head, Y/n looked over to see that his shoulder was wounded.

"I missed," Mr. Scroop said morbidly. "Maybe this time I'll hit the target," he said as he pointed the blaster at Y/n's crying face.

"NO STOP!" Jim begged, "I'll open it!" He would do anything to save Y/n, even if it meant his own life. "Just... leave her alone Silver, please."

Silver looked at the desperate boy, "Come with us, Jimbo... MEN!" Silver shouted, "Grab da girl!" Y/n turned over to look at her father on the floor in pain, she didn't want to leave him but she knew if she disobeyed Silver he'd kill him.

Silver's gang rounded up Y/n and Jim in his escape boat. "Open the map boy," Mr. Scroop said eyeing Jim down. Jim opened the map without taking his eyes off of Mr. Scroop to show him that he wasn't afraid. A green string of light that trailed onto the treasure.

"COME ON LADS!" Silver said enthusiastically, "LET'S GET DAT TREASURE!" The entire crew howled in excitement. They loaded everyone onto the ship including Jim and Y/n's crew. They flew towards the green light on an escape boat the entire time Y/n thinking about her injured father. Her hands were tied behind her back along with Jim's. Almost three boats carried the company to Flint's Trove. Once they got there they noticed the line ended at the edge of a cliff. "WHAT'S GOING ON!" Silver said throwing a tantrum. "Get it back Jimbo!"

"I can't- I don't know how?" Jim said as he tried to open the map once again. "See? I can't even get it open!"

"Enough games, now Jim!" Silver said it was clear to see his patience was running thin.

"I'm trying!" Jim said forcing the map open. He then noticed that the designs on the map were also on the floor as if it was a piece of a missing puzzle.

Silver put a blaster to Y/n head. "Jimbo, I'm going to need you to do me a little favour," he teased, "AND TRY HARDER-"

Just then Jim stuck the map into the floor and the shot of green light formed a doorway. "There it is!" Silver's crew cried, "We've found it!"

Jim wanted to make a run for it, they could have their treasure- as long as Y/n was all right then Jim would be too. "Tie him up, lads!" Silver shouted, Jim, went willingly since there was nothing he could do. "Now get da girl," Silver grimaced, the crewmates aggressively threw Y/n onto the floor in front of the map. "Go on girl," Silver said as he rubbed his hands together, "find it," He then threw the necklace at her knees.

Y/n touched the cold chain in grief. She was worried for her father for herself... For Jim. "I said; find it," Silver growled.

Y/n hesitantly grabbed her necklace and stared at a word that was engraved on it; 'Comet.' She looked up to see the map, Y/n didn't know where the treasure was! It was just some necklace that was given to her. She examined the necklace and studied the map.

"Montressor?" Y/n mumbled as she tapped on the planet, just then a door opened up to their home. "It's a portal? It's a portal! Don't you get it?" She asked looking around.

Unlike the other slow crew members, Jim caught on. "That's how Flint did it! He opened up portals and stole Treasure!"

"BUT WHERE DID HE STASH IT ALL?!" Silver asked shocked.

Y/n looked down at the Map to see a Comet flying through the air. Following its constellation she pressed down on the star hoping it would be the door, for Jim's sake. Y/n tapped it to open up a door that directed them somewhere she didn't want to go.

"IT'S HERE!"Silver belted out, "IT'S ME TREASURE!"

Silver didn't even bother tying Y/n hands back up. He and all of his crewmates ran to their treasure, they jumped into jewels and swam through coins. Y/n looked over to see her necklace near the map, she only had a little time. It was either to get her necklace back or to free Jim. She looked over at Jim whose hands were still tied up behind his back, very slowly she sneaked away to untie him.

"What are we going to do?" She asked Jim. "We can't stay here they'll kill us!" Y/n looked over at the other escape boat to see Delbert along with Captain Amelia who was still clutching onto her side in pain from their crash landing. Her father lay unwell alongside Ben who was still blindfolded. "Can we use the escape boat?" Y/n asked inspecting the flying machinery.

"They're almost out of juice," Jim said as he freed his hands thanks to Y/n's help. "Let's scope out the place, and see if there's anything we can use," he then took her hand. "Let's go."

Jim and Y/n snuck behind the crew looking for a way out that wouldn't have them slaughtered.

"Hey," Mr. Scroop hissed to Silver, "where's the boy and the girl?" He asked.

"Who cares?!" Mr. Silver said as he continued to stuff his pockets, "I'M A RICH MAN!"

Mr. Scoop wasn't fulfilled with that answer, turning his back on Silver he set out to look for them.

"Look!" Jim said pointing, "There's an old ship- if I can get it working then that's our ticket out of here!"

✵✵✵

Leaving the others behind, Jim and Y/n snuck onto the abandoned ship in the hope that it was still in reasonable shape to rescue them and their crew. Jim got under the electrical head bored of the ship to see its condition.

"How's it looking?" Y/n asked as she kept a lookout.

"It's... useable," Jim said as he tinkered around with the wiring of the ship, "but I'm gonna need time."

"Alright," Y/n mumbled as she looked over her shoulder, "but hurry we-"

"Well," said a hiss-like voice from behind Y/n. "If it isn't the star-crossed lovers." Mr. Scroop said as he began to walk closer to Y/n.

Y/n eyes felt like ice in her skull, she pulled out a nearby sword to defend herself. Jim peeked over and began to fix the ship as fast as he could, even though he wanted to help Y/n he knew the only way out of there alive would be if he got the boat moving.

Just then Mr. Scroop began to charge towards Y/n, luckily she moved out of the way just in time. She looked over to see the Crab-like man racing towards her with fiery eyes. "What's the matter, little girl? Scared" Scroop said while closing in on Y/n.

Y/n shouted a curse in another language, the same one that made Scroop want to shoot her back at the hut.

Scroop's face changed from mischievous to furious, he ran at her at full speed. Y/n did her best to stab him with her sword but he deflected it with his claw and grabbed her by the hair. Y/n dropped the sword as she bellowed in pain. "Where do you think you're going?" He laughed in her face.

"Leave her alone!" Jim yelled as he grabbed the sword and pointed at Mr. Scroop. Y/n cried in pain as Mr. Scroop lifted her even higher into the air.

"You want her Cabin boy?" he said as he put a claw on Y/n throat, "then come get her!"

Just then an exposition erupted from inside of the cove.

"The Treasure- It was a booby-trap!" They heard Silver wail, "THIS PLACE IS GONNA BLOW ANY SECOND NOW!"