Chapter 16- Ambush

The plan would play out in the dead of night, Jim, Delbert and Anthony would sneak into the pirates' camping grounds to steal back Y/n's necklace. The important piece of jewelry was that it would show them which door would lead them to the marvellous treasure. The men were armed with blasters as they quietly walked to the camping site.

"Are you with my daughter?" Anthony asked bluntly to Jim causing him to freeze for a moment. He didn't know what to say, right when Jim was about to say something the tired old man spoke again; "because if you are- I'd like to know she was in good hands." Anthony said making sure their conversation was private from the Doctor. "For years I wondered if she was still alive if she had forgotten all about me. I feared that she would be mad at the whole world because I left but I see it in her face," Anthony said with a grin.

"Her face?" Jim asked confused.

"Ya, the way she looks at you... It's the same way I looked at my wife." Anthony said heartfelt. "And I see the way you look at her too," he stated.

Jim surrendered to the older man with a smile. "She's all grown up," Anthony realized with a broken heart, "what's she like?" He asked Jim.

"Y/n," Jim said with a smirk even her name brought him joy, "she's smart- I mean super smart," he explained. "She grew up to be a little shy but she's opening up to people," Jim said with a smile. "And it would be a mistake to take her for a fool because she sharp- I've had her tell me things I needed to hear before," he said with a chuckle. "She's also fun to be around and beautiful-"

"Beautiful," Anthony said with a grin. "She looks just like her mom," the older man paused for a moment before asking the question he had been dreading. "How is Isla?"

"My mom, Sarah, took her in she's been working at the Inn ever since. Along with me and Y/n," he said not looking at the man.

Anthony lowered his head at the thought of his wife being alone and raising their daughter by herself. "I appreciate that you've helped my family Jim and I can't thank you enough." Before Jim could say

"Y'know she's a lot like you," Jim said with a smile

"I hope that's a good thing," Anthony joked. The boys continued with the trail.

"So that necklace... Did you make it?" Jim asked.

"Ya," the older man smiled.

"Why did you make it into the missing piece?" He felt the need to ask.

"...I was part of a crew who devoted their lives to finding Captian Flint's treasure," they went on to explain. "It was the only way to provide for my family at the time. Well, we found the map and the destination but we didn't know which of the doors to go through. I found out that he planned to kill his crewmates after we retrieved the treasure, so I spread the word and buried the secret of the door within Y/n's necklace." Jim stayed silent as he continued to listen. "I mailed the necklace home for safekeeping. Once our Captain found out about my treachery they sent me to exile... And the rest is history, my boy." He said tiredly.

Soon the pressure began to weigh on Jim's chest.

"We're here," Anthony said as he crouched down behind a bush of some sort. "Spread out and find that necklace," the older man said as he once again placed his goggles and black bandana around his mouth.

Jim gave Delbert the signal, as he pulled out his blaster. With Delbert as Lookout, they began to circle the sleeping pirates. They didn't waste time on the people he knew wouldn't be holding something as important as the necklace.

Jim's eyes darted right to Silver, a man whom he thought was his mentor. He slowly began to walk closer to the slumbering robotic man. Jim quietly rummaged through his bag.

'Come on! Where are you?!' Jim thought to himself. Just then something caught his eye. Silver had been sleeping with the necklace wrapped around his hand for safekeeping. Jim slowly began to unclench the hand with the locket and unravelled the chain around his arm, slowly and carefully he tried his best to get the necklace away from Silver.

Just then Silver's eyes opened and as if it was planned he shouted; "NOW LADS!" The gang dispersed, surrounding Anthony and Delbert. Jim looked up at Silver with hate in his eyes as Silver smiled, "You didn't tink of me to be a fool did ya?" He asked coldly.

Jim wanted to spit at his feet while Silver simply grinned, "And what a foolish move for you to leave Y/n behind, for no one to protect her."

Jim and Anthony share the look, just that alone them sick to their stomachs.

✵✵✵

Delbert, Anthony and Jim were all escorted back to the hut, terrified of what awaited them. The closer they got they could hear voices. They heard Amelia trying to talk but something was over her mouth.

"Amelia!" Delbert called out.

To the left of her laid Ben with his arms wired together and a blindfold over his eyes.

The men entered the hut to see Mr. Scroop holding Y/n at gunpoint and the Captain on the floor with pieces of clothes on their mouths preventing them from talking.

"It looks like everyone's here," Mr Silver said in a cocky tone. "Oh hello Miss, guess what your boyfriend was trying to steal?" The robotic man said as he dangled Y/n's necklace in front of her.

Mr. Scroop hist as he cocked his gun, "she's a real pretty thing," he said getting close to Y/n. "It'd be a shame if something happened to her."

Jim wanted to rip his head off at that moment. Just then Anthony dropped to his knees and kicked Mr Silver across his robotic leg causing him to fall. He then wiggled his arms from beneath his back to his front and grabbed Mr. Silver's blaster while his hands were still tied together, pointing the blaster at Silver's forehead he looked into his evil eyes. "Let the girl go," Anthony snarled.

"WHAT'S GOING ON!" Ben panicked as he rested on the floor, not being able to see.

Just then Mr. Scroop set off a shot. "Y/n!" Jim shouted as he pulled the girl to safety. Anthony turned around with panic in his eyes, afraid that he was going to lose what he had just found.

"I SAID NO ONE FIRES UNTIL I GIVE DEM DE ORDERS!" Silver shouted as he kicked Anthony in the chest.

Jim looked down at Y/n to see she hadn't been hit, his heart was at ease.

"Aye Jimbo, ye didn't think it was going to be dat easy," Silver said with darkness in his voice. Changing his robotic hand to a blaster Silver pointed it at Anthony.

"Leave him alone!" Y/n shouted, afraid she was going to lose her father once again.

Soon everyone was being held against their will with a blaster to their head, everyone except Jim. "Open dat map," Silver said again as he threw Jim the sphere.

"I won't do it!" Jim spat out, " I'd rather die than help you."

"Don't make me boy," Silver said as he pointed his blaster once again but this time at his heart. Morph looked around confused and afraid, he looked at Silver knowing that this wasn't the person that he once was.

"I'm the only person who knows how to access this map," Jim said honestly, "if you kill me that map and treasure dies with me!"

Mr. Scroop threw Y/n on the floor and pointed the blaster at the back of her head, "maybe this'll get his attention. Any last words?" Y/n spat out something in a foreign language as she looked at Mr. Scroop. "Why you little!" He declared as his claw closed around the trigger.

"Y/N! NO!" Anthony yelled out as he ran to his only daughter.

All Jim could remember was the loud bang of the blaster and a figure of someone falling.

"...NO!"