Chapter 13- Get Out

Jim didn't say a word, he slowly approached his old cyborg friend while a feeling formatted in the pit of his chest. Something was terribly wrong. Silver lowered his head in shame. He couldn't back down now he had already lied to the girl, now he had to follow his plan through.

"Jimbo dares are... people in dis world who are bad." Sliver paused for a moment as he looked at his robotic hand. "People who will stop at nothing to get what they want."

"Silver?" Jim said as he looked worried at his friend.

"It's Y/n... She has been plotting with the Captain-"

"Silver what are you talking about?!" Jim said as the feeling in his chest got worse.

"Dat necklace she wears is just as important as dat map, you see da map tells you where to get to da treasure. Her necklace... tells her which door to go through."

"Door?" Jim said confused, "Silver what are you talking about?"

"I'll let you in on a little secret Jimbo... I've been looking for this treasure for years- out of the goodness of me heart," Silver said as he grabbed his chest. "Dat necklace is the missing piece of da puzzle Jimbo only she doesn't know how to read it so she needs you... she's using you."

Jim couldn't believe what he was hearing. With a small smile on his face, he shook his head in denial, "No, that can't be it-"

"Tink about it son!" Silver said as he grabbed Jim's shoulders.

Jim thought about how Y/n miraculously showed up at the ship's nest while he was there, and how close she had gotten to him in a couple of days. Jim placed a hand on his head, he relived the moments that they had just shared and it pained him to think that Y/n had been plotting against him.

"I can see dat you need some time to tink about dis," Silver said as he placed his hat on his head. "I'll leave you to it, Jimbo."

Silver left Jim feeling nothing but guilt. How could he have done this? To betray Jim and Y/n? He had no other choice but to lie to them, Silver had worked all his life for his treasure and he wasn't about to give it up.

Jim sat alone in the kitchen in the lower part of the deck alone and miserable. The one person that he thought could maybe turn his life around was using him. Jim slumped in the bottom of the ship with his head in his hands, he could feel his former shell growing back. The kind that made him shield himself from the others. He never wanted to see Y/n again.

✵✵✵

Y/n couldn't believe it, she had just discovered that Jim had only been using her for the treasure. 'He's never liked me... he was only using me...' She was now fuming in anger. She wanted to grab her journal and throw it against the wall she wanted, to kick the desk down, she wanted nothing more than to run away.

Y/n stood up abruptly and paced around the captain's office. There were no words to describe how angry and betrayed she felt. She walked to her room that was next to Captain Ameila's room only to find Jim's jacket resting on her bed. Y/n sat on the bed with the jacket and began to softly sob to herself.

Just then as if he was reading her mind Jim was banging on the door to the Captain's study, demanding Y/n to open it. Y/n's blood was pumping, she could feel hives break out on her neck, with the jacket in her hand she stormed to the door, with an aggressive swing Y/n opened the door, "what are you doing here?!"

Jim looked at her in complete disbelief, it looked as though he had been crying as well, "I just gotta know one thing," he asked as he stared at Y/n with painful eyes.

"Get out," Y/n spewed, just seeing his face made heartbreak. How could he?

"Why did you do it?" Jim asked heartbrokenly, "tell me Y/n," he whispered.

With the jacket in her hand, Y/n shook her head in disbelief. "How could you?" Y/n whispered in disgust, "You knew?" she asked looking him dead in the eyes, "all this time you knew and you didn't tell anyone?!"

By now Jim had started getting confused. "But...you-"

Just then Jim and Y/n heard a blaster shot. Y/n covered her ears and she ducked down while Jim grabbed her and led them to safety behind the Captain's desk. "Stay down," Jim whispered as he prepared himself to find the Captain. Thankfully, soon after Captain Amelia, Mr. Arrow along with the Doctor ran in to see Jim and Y/n taking cover.

"Brace yourselves the crew has turned against us," the Ameila said as she welded the door shut. "Doctor, get the supplies and Jim get the map!"

"Ay yay, Capitan!" Jim said as he sprinted to get the map.

Y/n stood up as she rummaged through the captain's belongings there she found a satchel. "Y/n," the Captain said as she handed her a blaster. Y/n placed the journal and blaster within the bag.

"We have to get out of here!" Mr. Arrow stated as he heard the pirates banging on the door, "The escape boats are not far it's our only chance!"

The Captain opened a secret latch from her office that led to the basement. "Everyone go now- hurry! Charge the emergency boats!"

Delbert took Y/n's hand and he led her down the stairs. Y/n looked back at Jim in fear that it would be the last time she saw him as much as she hated him at the moment, Y/n was still madly in love with him. Little did she know that he felt the same.

Y/n and Delbert reached the basement to find a familiar face. "Miss Y/n! I'm so glad yer alright! I heard dem blaster shots too," Sliver lied

"Silver! We've got to go now!" Y/n said as she ran to charge the boat. There she threw all her belongings, leaving the blaster in her bag.

"Is da map safe?" Sliver asked as he didn't move a muscle. Morph floated over his shoulder looking more worried than ever.

"Yes," she said as she ran to the furthest boat, "please help me."

"Oh," he said in a deep voice as he looked at Y/n's necklace, "I will."

✵✵✵

Jim, Mr. Arrow and Captain Amelia held off the pirates as Delbert and Y/n started up the boats. "Jim there's too many!" The Captain announced as she looked at their odds. "We need to retreat to others." Jim nodded as he jumped down the stairs.

"You guys go ahead," Mr. Arrow said blocking the Captain. "I'll hold them off-"

"Mr. Arrow no!" Captain Amelia protested.

"It has been an honour... Captain," Mr. Arrow said as he looked back at her one last time. That was the last time they ever saw each other again.

"Captain we've got to go!" Jim said as he grabbed her by the wrist, he and the Captian reached the basement to find Y/n and the Doctor setting up the escape boat. Soon Captain Amelia, Doctor Delbert and Y/n were in the emergency escape boat leaving Jim to turn on the switch to open the hatch.

As the team was about to escape a large robotic hand grabbed Y/n by the collar of her dress and pulled her out of the ship. Confused, Y/n fought against him as the escape boat lowered into the air without her. He then began to reach for her necklace. "No, no let me go- LET ME GO!"

Jim looked over to see Silver grabbing Y/n. "LET GO OF ME! She cried as she kicked him repeatedly.

"Y/N!" Jim yelled as he tried getting off the emergency boat, but the boat had already dropped and had started to fall from the sky.

"JIM!"

"Y/N- NO!"