𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

✧⋆⁺₊⛰︎⛰︎⛰︎⋆⁺₊✧

As me and my sister walked back to our tent, my mind was stuck on what I was going to say. I couldn't tell anyone. It would put not only me but them in danger. I couldn't risk putting their family into any more danger than I already had.

Läi whined and complained. She had shared a hammock with Tuk the past two weeks. The two little girls have gotten close. It hurt a little knowing that she wanted to sleep with her friend instead of me. I felt like I was losing her in some ways. She had adopted their Omatikaya culture a lot more, and she spent more time with the Sully family than she did me.

"Please Santanhí! Her mom always sings us a lullaby or tells us a cool story before bed! Like mom used to do!"

I sighed and nodded reluctantly. She had found refuge within the family. She had found the closet thing to what she would ever have as a mother again. She was happy as ever.

"Santanhí."

My attention turned to the eldest Sully who approached me in a somewhat serious matter. I felt my stomach drop at the tone. It felt like I was about to get scolded by the boy.

"How?"

He was now standing only an arms length away from me. Barely anyone stood around us other than a few Na'vi who were still finding their way back to their own tents for the night.

"How what?"

I avoided his eyes and shifted uncomfortably knowing I was playing dumb.

"You know what I'm talking about. Your wound was open this morning. It was no where close to being healed. You couldn't even walk."

I looked around seeing the tense and somewhat loud conversation was pulling the attention of the outliers around the camp. I sighed and grabbed his wrist dragging him into my tent where it was just the two of us.

"What is wrong with you?!"

I hissed and put my hand over his mouth to silence him.

"Shut up before everyone hears you."

I spoke quietly before slowly letting go of him. He seemed more confused now. I sighed heavily. I did not even know how to explain it. I didn't even know how I did it in the first place.

Suddenly I got an idea. If my body healed by itself with no effort the first time... What if I can do it again.

With no words I reached for Neteyam's knife and went to put it against my arm. He jumped grabbing my wrist to stop me.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I looked up at the boy with a sure expression.

"Just trust me."

Hesitantly he let go. I took the knife to my upper arm and slashed it across quickly. Just hard enough to make it bleed. I seethed a little from the pain, but just as the blood started to seep out, the wound disappeared. There was no scar, no blood, nothing. Just as if I had never done it.

Neteyam immediately grabbed my arm and ran his finger over the wound that had disappeared. He looked back and forth between my face and my arm.