𝒳𝒱𝐼

✧⋆⁺₊⛰︎⛰︎⛰︎⋆⁺₊✧

All of the Sully kids, not including Tuk, sat in their tent with me. They were talking about the clan's celebration tonight. Something that they do with every change of the seasons. The spring was slowly beginning to fade into summer as the days became longer and the nights shortened.

"Santanhí! You should totally come to the party with all the other kids!"

Lo'ak spoke excitedly while his two siblings looked at him with a warning expression. My head cocked at the suggestion.

"Party?..."

I had heard of such at home. Teenagers getting caught drinking kava that they've snuck away from the adults. I was never told about such things, because I was the Olo'eyktan's daughter, they could not risk being told on.

"Lo'ak you skxawng! You know that those stupid parties are against the rules!"

Of course the eldest had to scold him when there was no adult present to do it themselves.

"Come on bro! Live a little! It'll be a great way to introduce Santanhí to more people our age!"

Kiri did not say anything. She wasn't very interested in the conversation. It was very normal for the girl to be living in her own world most of the time.

"I have never been to one.. My parents always told me things like that were trouble."

I said while thinking out loud.

"See even Santanhí has some sense."

I saw as Lo'ak pouted a little at the words. I couldn't help but smile finishing my thought out loud.

"It sounds fun."

His pout turned into a huge smile. I could see Neteyam's face drop into a frown at the statement knowing he would have to deal with the consequences if his parents found out.

"Guys this really isn't a good idea."

Neteyam seemed to always be trying to keep his brother out of trouble, but the poor boy never enjoys himself because he's too worried about being caught.

"Bro don't be a wuss."

Lo'ak began to tease the boy. The longer I was around them the more I began to pick up their strange use of words. Something I assume they gained from the sky peoples culture.

"Just live a little Teyam! It's only one night!"

The nickname fell off my tongue naturally. It was something I heard Tuk call him over and over again, but it felt satisfying as it fell from my lips. I encouraged the idea of him joining us. When I think about the past, I wish I wouldn't have been so consumed in being perfect and gone to a party or two. I wanted him to have some fun for once.

I could see the hesitation in his body language. As I spoke his name he looked at me in surprise. Me and Lo'ak were giving the boy puppy eyes pleading him to join us and loosen up a little.

"Fine. But only to make sure you two don't get yourself in too much trouble."

Me and Lo'ak cheered giving each other high fives. I heard Neteyam chuckle slightly at our child like celebration.