Chapter 12: Dazed And Confused

June 2015

Your world had been black. And while you couldn't see a thing, your sense of smell, taste and touch remained.

You smelt blood, and that scared you because you could taste it too. But you also smelt sweat, gunpowder, whiskey and motor oil, and these things reminded you of Dean.

Dean.

Your head rested in the crook of his shoulder making the smell of his sweat the strongest as it seeped from the jacket he wore. It didn't bother you even though the canvas material rubbed against your sore cheek and felt like sandpaper was grinding back and forth painfully across it. Because you were glad he was there. Relieved he had you under his wing. With his hand stilling you as he drove, while his fingers tapped away gently on your sleeve to the soft rock song that played over Baby's stereo.

Your eyes were closed but you didn't need to open them to know he was driving. You could hear the Impala's engine purring, growling even when she picked up speed. You could feel the leather bench beneath you where you sat and felt the swerve of Dean's body against yours as the car twisted and turned along the path he took her on.

You were sore, all over. From your head that throbbed to the time of your beating heart, to random placed points on your body that could probably pass for a good connect the dots game. Thanks to Mrs Markham's foot that had landed on them.

Mrs Markham.

Through the headache you definitely knew you had, images of the late sheriffs wife and Baby's leather seat flashed in your mind and you began to pick up the pieces of what had happened to you before now.

Dean had pulled her off of you and you remembered hearing the commotion as Sam discovered him laying a few punches on her in return. Mrs Markham was a, Na... Naz... Nacha... She was a ghoul-pire, just like Donnelly was and she had attacked the second Dean had taken the esky with the deputy's head in it to place in the boot of the car.

And Sam and Dean had... Ganked him? Yeah. They'd ganked him.

You remembered Mrs Markham calling out something about her kids too. Asking to be taken to them and wanting to know if they were okay. And Sam had...

Sam.

Sam had suggested they were, because Donnelly was dead... The case must've been solved. And now you, Sam and Dean were... Where were you? Well, you didn't know.  Besides being in Baby and next to Dean.

If you would just open your eyes, you'd find out, but that was a struggle. Your eyes felt heavy and the slightest bit of light that seeped through the cracks as you attempted to open them, made you want to shut them straight away again. It was just too bright and you swore you needed sunglasses. So you continued to sit quietly, with your eyes closed instead. Listening to the sounds, smelling the scents and enjoying the comfort of being close to Dean.

After what felt like only a few, actually, who knows how long it was, you noticed the Impala began to slow down. You heard her gear's shift as Dean's thigh moved against yours and you realised he was braking. The sound of gravel being kicked up under her tires gradually competing more and more with that of her engine.

When Baby had fully stopped, you felt Dean shift next to you, twisting his torso ever so slightly. Followed by the sound of what you presumed was the stick behind the steering wheel that brought her into park, drive and reverse, moving into place. Her engine making the idle noise you would know anywhere. Dean had definitely parked her.

"I'll be back in a sec," Sam spoke from somewhere behind you. And you heard the sound of the car door opening and closing shortly after.

"Where-are-we?" you attempted to  speak for the first time, but your grogginess caused your words to slur together and you felt Dean silently chuckle against you. The movement of his body rattled your head and you felt the contents of it shake around in there. 'Ow.' The headache you had was worse than you thought.