Chapter 15: (Don't) Thank God It's Friday

July 2015

Dean had done as he'd suggested and headed straight for the beers he'd placed in the mini fridge upon arriving back at the motel that evening. Sam was sharing with you and Dean on this case, as there had only been the one room available on check in. And as he was more interested in looking into the lore on Nemesis again, you had decided to skip the queue and take the first shower with the intention of going straight to bed afterwards.

You suddenly felt weirder than you already had been during the week and hoped that by getting as much sleep as possible you'd hopefully feel better by the morning. So upon leaving the bathroom dressed in your usual sleep clothes, Dean's tee and your own pyjama bottoms, you made sure to bid your good night to the brothers. A simple "night Sam," for the younger and a kiss and "I love you" for Dean who seemed a little concerned by your demeanour.

"You feeling alright?" he asked as he stood up and held you in place with his arms.

"Yeah," you brushed his question aside. "Just tired from all the action. It's been a long week."

Dean nodded at you in between a quick glance at Sam who was still focused on his laptop and whispered, "is your period still giving you grief?"

"Nah, it's over." You shook your own head. "Just drained after it I guess. I'm good," you insisted further and leaned in to give him another quick kiss before moving to the bed, sliding under the covers and closing your eyes.

Although you lay there perfectly still, you struggled to attain the sleep you desired. It wasn't that the guys were noisy in their activities or any lights were bothering you. It was the mere fact that you'd lied to Dean just now and your reasoning behind it that kept you awake.

That sudden weirdness you'd felt earlier could definitely be linked back to him, even though it was for the most stupidest of reasons and definitely not something he had done on purpose or could've foreseen for that matter. For when he'd mentioned the Supernatural books again and brought up Charles' name instead of the profit Chuck's actual pen one, you were reminded of the hurt you felt for the umpteenth time so far that month.

No one had any proof that Charles had been the one to commune with Sam but because he sincerely believed it was God he'd spoken to, it was enough to make you do the same. Which left you with so many new and unanswered questions on top of the jealousy you'd experienced. But try as you might to push the plague of negative thoughts aside, circumstances had other ideas and the issue kept coming back to slap you in the face as it had done earlier tonight.

You had no idea how long you'd been laying there silently trying to sleep, but when Dean eventually joined you and spooned you from behind, his breath on your neck and the feel of his heart beating against your back finally calmed you down, close enough to sleep. "You okay sweetheart?" he asked loud enough for only you to hear.

"Yeah," you breathed. "I am now." And that wasn't a lie.

You felt him smile against your neck as he planted a kiss where his lips could reach and added, "sorry I took so long, sweet dreams."

Those words and his voice were the last thing you remembered before you drifted off and, "sweetheart what's wrong?!"were the first you heard when you woke up again. Though this time, the sound he produced, in such a shrill manner, was the last thing you expected to hear so early in the morning.

'What's wrong?' Why did Dean seem so loud and far away? "What're you taking about?" you grumbled, refusing to open your eyes. But the sound that came from you didn't seem right and your eyes shot open in confusion. Why was your voice so low? And where the hell was Dean? Because he certainly wasn't next to you.