Perfect birthday

Vegas's birthday is getting closer and closer. Pete has no idea what to give him. Porsche is trying to help as much as he can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete sighed at how hopeless it all felt. He felt like he thought of literally everything and yet did not manage to find a solution to his problem.

"Come on Pete, there is still time. Vegas's birthday is one week from now. Plenty of time to think of a perfect present" Porsche tried to cheer him up when he saw the look on his face.

"Vegas's birthday is only one week from now. I am running out of time Porsche" Pete corrected him

Pete invited Porsche to have lunch with him, partly so they can catch up and just hang out but more importantly so Porsche will hopefully help him with what he should give his boyfriend.

This was Vegas's first birthday since he and Pete got together so Pete wanted to choose the perfect present to show him how much he cares about him and how much he loves him, but he felt like everything he thought of just was not good enough.

"Look, if you'll not think of anything you can always give him yourself" Porsche suggested and wiggled his eyebrows

Pete rolled his eyes but couldn't not chuckle a bit.

"Porsche I am giving myself to Vegas pretty much daily, sometimes more than once a day so it would not be anything special" Pete shook his head.

"If it was literally any other couple I would suggest you could use the birthday as an opportunity to try something new to spice things up" Porsche said and Pete laughed, not feeling ashamed at all, specially not when he's talking to his best, none judging, friend.

"How about we check out some shops. Maybe we will find something that'll be in your opinion good enough for Vegas" Porsche suggested when they were done with their lunch.

Pete agreed to that, happy for more time he can spend with his friend and also the tiny chance for finally finding something for Vegas.

"This is hopeless. What kind of boyfriend can not think of a present for his partner?" Pete said desperately when he and Porsche after two hours of browsing in all sorts of shops, with no luck, decided to take a break and sat down on a bench in a park.

"The kind of boyfriend who cares about his partner and wants to make him happy with what he will give him" Porsche pulled Pete in a hug.

He felt bad when seeing Pete going slightly crazy over the present, hoping that this will not be an annual event but feeling like it might as well be. He could see Pete wanting to find the perfect birthday present for Vegas every year so he just made note to himself to be around when the time comes so he can help Pete as much as he will be able to.

"Vegas deserves a boyfriend that..."

"He deserves the boyfriend he has. The one who loves him very, very much and who will be a sweetheart and will stop stressing himself so much alright?" Porsche interrupted him. He knew Pete is just overthinking everything right now so he probably does not even know what he is saying so he just hugged him tighter. Pete smiled gratefully and cuddled closer to him.

"Wanna go try more shops?" Porsche asked and Pete nodded.

Two more hours later Pete entered the house, empty handed and with the feeling of being the worst boyfriend and also the worst best friend in the universe.

He just made Porsche spend the whole afternoon going from one shop to another for what? For nothing. Vegas's perfect present was in neither of them so he was wasting Porsche's time for nothing.