Perfect birthday (Pete's turn)

This time it's up to Vegas to find the perfect birthday present for Pete. Funnily enough Pete is more stressed about it than Vegas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that's what you need to help me with ok?" Vegas was saying while making the lunch. "We need to come up with something really great. Pete deserves nothing less than perfection so... come on, I need ideas" he continued and glanced at Ryu who was sitting on the floor by Vegas's leg and looking up at him.

Ryu was not the little kitten he was when Pete brought him into their home. Over the few months he grew up quite a lot and so did the love Vegas and Pete had for him. Neider Pete nor Vegas could imagine not having Ryu in their house and in their lives. They loved him and were constantly making sure he had everything he needed.

Ryu was quite humble when it came to his needs. He was quite happy to be left alone for most of the day since he enjoyed his privacy. He wasn't very social, especially when there were strangers around him. When Pete and Vegas had visitors, Ryu disappeared and did not show up again until the people left. He simply preferred Vegas and Pete to be the only people around him. He was coming to them for cuddles and pets a lot but they were probably the only two people that got to be the lucky ones.

Ryu stood up and rubbed his head against Vegas's leg. Vegas knew what was asked of him so he gave a small piece of meat he was just cutting to Ryu, unable to resist to make his cat companion happy.

"Ok, you asked the price and you got paid so now better suggest something" Vegas chuckled.

He did not feel weird while talking to Ryu at all. He felt like the cat could understand him better than some people. He honestly considered Ryu's meows more meaningful than what some people he has to deal with are saying

"Well?" Vegas raised an eyebrow as if expecting Ryu to actually help him to find the perfect birthday present for Pete

"How about a car?" Vegas said while focusing on the cooking again.

Ryu meowed

"No? He does like the one he has a lot so he maybe would not be happy with getting to used to a new one, that's true" Vegas agreed with his cat who meowed quietly as if confirming that that was what he meant by rejecting Vegas's idea

"Alright, so how about..."

"Hello love" Pete walked in the kitchen and Vegas stopped talking

Vegas was about to greet Pete back but he saw that Pete was not talking to him, he was going to Ryu and picked him up to hug him

"How're you doing? Is Vegas feeding you what he should not again... even though it's not good for you? Is he spoiling you huh?" Pete saying while petting Ryu who was cuddling to him

Vegas would maybe be jealous that Ryu is getting so much attention from Pete but the thing is he loves Ryu too much to be jealous of him.

"I gave him just some chicken Pete" Vegas said

"And how could you resist to give him something. You know the look he makes when he wants something" he added and Pete chuckled to that

"Still. Human food is not really good for him" Pete said, worried about his baby's health

"I feel personally attacked Pete. Do you not know I am using only the best ingredients for my cooking" Vegas said offended and looked at Pete.

He wanted to look like he's upset by this awful accusation but he failed to pretend that when he saw Pete cuddling with Ryu. This sight quickly became one of his favorite ones. He could not help but smile when he finds Pete sleeping on a couch with Ryu curled up by his side or on his chest. He has to smile while watching Pete playing with Ryu. He simply can not resist smiling when he sees the two together. Individually they are cute as hell, but when they are together they are really the cutest thing Vegas ever saw.