Chapter 6 : Envy or Jealousy?

"Hahaha! Ah Lan Zhan Lan Zhan~ I never thought you'll be the one who will answer Shenlong instead of Zewu-Jun!" Wei Wuxian tease Lan Wangji.

"Hanguang-Jun talks to the guest?" Lan Jingyi questioned.

"That's a rare thing A-Die would do." Lan Yuan said.

"Yeah, it is surprising." Jin Ling agreed.

"Maybe it's related to when I was dead that he really wanted to see me again during the past 13 years?" Wei Wuxian questioned as he look at Lan Wangji that seems to nodded his head to answer his question.

"Oh? Lan Zhan do have pity when someone is experiencing something from him!~" Wei Wuxian smile mischievously.

"Oh My God. Stop flirting in front of us, Dajiu! You do know that we're still here right!?" Jin Ling said with annoyed expression as he rolls his eyes in disgust(?).

"Sheesh! You still not used to it?" Lan Jingyi said to Jin Ling.

"Why do you care?" Jin Ling rolls his eyes to Lan Jingyi.

Wei Wuxian laughed both at Jin Ling and Lan Jingyi's childish little argument while Lan Yuan tries to calm them down.

From a distance, where Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji and the juniors isn't that far from the Healer Chamber, Shenlong, who was looking at his happy family outside. He enjoyingly see them smile, so happy that the devastation ended and the universe gave them happy ending unlike his universe.

He was joyful to see this scene, even from a distance that he could never step into; it was totally fine to him. The smile, the laughter, the little fight—the pure and lovely light that shines on their bright future without any danger they could face again He was so happy to see this kind of thing in his whole life that he couldn't really describe how happy he was to let them leave uninterrupted.

But at the same time, he just wished to join them; his family was so precious to him that he wanted to hug them all from the very beginning. The other painful feeling is that he's not in this 'another family in the picture' thing. He did not dare ruin this happy universe; he did not dare at all. All he can do is just watch and see them happy, and do not dare to join in if you don't want them to see someone hurt.

That is in his mind—a mind that brings truly negative thoughts even though you knew the positive answer. He now wonders if he envies his little didi, Lan Yuan, or is jealous of him. Sadly, he does not wish to think something like that to his didi, no matter how awfully envious or jealous he is or not. He will blame himself if he does, after all. It's just terrible if you're that type of big brother.

As he wanted to shake off his negative thoughts, he stopped looking at his family to not think awfully any further. He continues doing his 'work' to distract himself from looking at his family outside.

After Shenlong turn his head to his 'work', Lan Jingyi stop arguing to Jin Ling as he notice that Shenlong is doing something while his sitting on his bed. He then asked Wei Wuxian about it.

"Senior Wei, what is Shenlong doing?"

As he asked, Jin Ling stopped talking to Lan Jingyi and turn to where Lan Jingyi is looking at, same as Hanguang-Jun, Wei Wuxian and Lan Yuan.

"It seems something he really focusing on?" Lan Yuan said.

"Oh Shenlong?" he pause as he looked at the juniors who was curious about Shenlong's work,"Me and Hanguang-Jun do not fully know but we think he was maybe writing on something since he asked Zewu-Jun to give him a paper and an ink." he said to the juniors making them more curious.