Chapter 23

Grace : 

It's been three days since our argument, Adrik never returned because apparently he has gone to India. He didn't even tell me that. Luca, his bodyguard, did. He said that Adrik was not supposed to go but things went out of control and he had to go to help Jeremy. I don't even have his phone number so that I can contact him, not as if I want to. Well, it's a good thing at least I am having my personal space. All my belongings were also brought here, but they didn't get my books and I want them as it's really boring here. With Adrik gone, my panic attacks were gone but I still had panic attacks but they weren't that grave.

I get lost in my thoughts when my phone rings. It's an unknown number.

" Who's this?" I ask as I pick up the call.

" Missing me, wife?" the person on the other side says.

Adrik.

" Adrik, aren't you getting a little comfortable with giving me nicknames?" I tell him as I go to the balcony.

" Can't I be a little comfortable with my wife?" as he said I could imagine him smirking.

" Forced wife, you mean."

" Still you are my wife, or mine." he said as I heard Jeremy shout on the other side.

" What is it?" I ask him.

" I'm coming back today and we have an event to attend which is organised by Arthur for us. Be ready by 7. I have to go." he said, hanging up.

What kind of an event? How am I supposed to dress? He didn't tell me anything. He didn't even tell me when he would be home.

Help me God.

" Mrs. Volkov." I hear Mary call out in a formal tone. I don't know why does she addresses me by Mrs. Volkov. I don't like it at all.

" Yes Mary, I'm here." I say as she comes to the balcony.

" Mr. Volkov had Luca send you this." she said, handing me a box.

" Where's Luca?" I ask her as I keep the box aside.

" Mr. Volkov had him do some mafia work." she said softly.

Kill someone.

" Oh. Do you know when Adrik will be here?" I asked her hoping she would know something.

" He'll directly come to attend the event, Luca said." she said leaving.

I'll have to go there on my own. Alone.

She is not a people person. In these three days no matter how hard I try to talk to her she would just brush me off. I don't know what's wrong with her? I take the box and go to our room. As I open the box I see a dark red dress with a note. I take out the dress and keep it aside and then I take out the note as I read it.

Don't mess with the dress this time, you don't want to be punished twice, do you?

 - Husband

His handwriting is so horrible. Punished? Who does he think he is? He won't lay a finger on me without my permission. I take my phone and save Adrik's number by Monster as I text him.

Me : You'll punish me?

He replies in an instant.

Monster : Do you want to be punished?

Me: You really think you can punish me? By the way, I like the dress.

Monster : Don't test me, wife and of course you like the dress.

I leave his text on seen as I go to the kitchen to have some coffee. I'm addicted.

__________________

It's 6:30. I'm late. I fell asleep reading a book online and woke up right now.

Shit.

I rush out of the bed and go to the bathroom. I put on the dress and washed my face. There's no way I would be ready before 7.

" Grace, are you ready? We need to leave, Adrik is already there." Luca yells from outside my room.

" Give me 10 minutes." I tell him as he mutters, " We'll be late." and I start to put on some makeup. I try to keep it simple by just applying some concealer, mascara and a little blush. Okay, it looks fine. I comb my hair and leave it open. I look good. I stare at myself in the mirror. The dress actually looks pretty good on me. It's a dark red gown with spaghetti strap sleeves and a split which barely reaches my thigh. It's good.

" Change of plans Grace. Adrik is on his way home." Luca says and leaves.

Why can't people here make a single conversation?

I rushed for nothing. Whatever. I take my phone and click a picture and send it to Kai.

He replies after 2 minutes.

Kai : You look gorgeous. What are you up to?

Me : Going to an event with Adrik.

He responds but I don't get a chance to see it as Adrik comes. 

HEY GUYS!!!!! HOW IS IT GOING? ARE YOU ENJOYING READ IT OR NOT? I GOT MY EXAMS FROM MONDAY, SO THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY. KINDLY VOTE AND COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER CAUSE THAT'S WHAT THAT KEEPS ME GOING.

follow liya__writes_ for spoilers

-LIYA ( love you all💗)