Chapter 13.

Present

I took a look in the mirror and I concluded I looked a little bit like a fairy with no wings and with no glitter. There was a light blue and white flower crown in my hair, and I had two small braids at the front of my hair. I took the flower crown off my head and looked at myself in the mirror, then I put it back on. I repeated that about three more times before I was interrupted by a gentle knock on my door.

"Attendez," Hold on, I yelled as I took the flower crown off and put it on the dresser. I looked at the dress on my bed and decided I might as well leave it there.

I open the door and see Lorenzo standing there. He has just gotten his hair cut in a fancy cut for the wedding, and also for his bachelor party this evening.

"Es-tu déjà occupé à te préparer?" Are you already busy getting ready? He asked.

"Non, j'essaie juste des coiffures," No, I'm just trying out hairstyles, I replied. "Qu'est-ce qui s'est passé?" What's up?

"Il y a quelqu'un dehors qui te demande," There's someone outside asking for you, he says.

"Mes parents ne sont pas arrivés tôt, n'est-ce pas?" My parents didn't arrive early, did they?

"Non, mais avant de descendre..." no, but before you go downstairs... he said and pushed past me and into the room. He got something out of his pocket and turned to me. He motioned for me to close the door so I closed it behind me and he showed me a little box. "En tant que témoin... ou quel que soit votre titre... j'ai besoin que vous preniez soin des bagues." As my bestman... or whatever your title is... I need you to take care of the rings.

Excitement hit me and I grabbed the box out of his hands to have a look at the rings. I opened the box with a big smile on my face, and I looked at the two wedding bands in it. They were silvery and shiny, and they had Leclerc and Charlotte's maiden name engraved in it. I closed it again, and looked up at Lorenzo who was smiling happily to himself. I took the box with me and I placed it in the drawer of my bedside table.

"Ils sont en sécurité avec moi," They're safe with me, I said with a smile.

"Merci, maintenant venez saluer les nouveaux invités s'il te plaît!" Thank you, now come down and greet the new guests please! he says as he motions towards the door again as he chuckles at my excitement.

I nod and I walk out the door and I jog down the stairs. I walk through the door and I see a big group of people standing outside the main house. There are old guests greeting, hugging and laughing with the new guests. As I walk closer to the big group of people, looking for whoever could have been looking for me, I see Charlotte running up to a girl and throwing herself in her arms while screaming loudly. I realize it's her maid of honor who just arrived.

My eyes search the group for Arthur and Charles, thinking the person looking for me most likely is with them. I slow down as I get closer and I look around until I hear my name being shouted. At first I can't see anyone shouting, and I can't make out where the voice is coming from.

"Céline Bianchi! Bon sang," God damn it, I hear before an arm wraps around my waist and snatches me up, turning me around.

When whoever has lifted me up puts me down again, I look at the person I'm placed in front of, and I see a squirrel looking guy with a beard and a messy haircut. Pierre threw his arms out and I realized it was his voice I had been hearing since I walked outside, and I threw my arms around his neck to hug him tightly. He wraps his arms around my back and laughs while he lifts me off the ground.

"Pierre!" I exclaim through happy laughs. Don't tell a 13-year old me I'm happy about seeing him. She probably wouldn't believe it, but she'd still be horrified.