Chapter 15.

Present

There is nothing worse than a hangover. But I think Charles had it worse when he woke up on that couch. Because he groaned loudly, which woke me up. I had fallen asleep in the armchair with my God awful boots on and my legs thrown over the armrest and my head rested on the backrest. I opened my eyes and saw Charles with his head straight into the pillow.

He groaned again and I sighed, because I wasn't feeling that well either, but I did know that he probably wanted to die right about now. He finally lifts his head and he looks slightly shocked to see me there. I tiredly looked at him and then rubbed my eyes. He opened his mouth, and then he closed it again, and then he opened it just to let out a grunt.

"Que se passe-t-il?" What is going on?

"Tu es sur ton lit de mort," You are on your deathbed, I replied.

"Ceci explique cela." That explains it.

Next thing is Arthur opening the door to his and Carla's bedroom and they both walk out of there with pajamas and messy hair. None of them look half as bad as Charles and I do. I only look bad because I didn't take my makeup off or change out of my 70's party outfit. I bet I look like I haven't looked in a mirror since the 70's either.

Charles looks like he's never seen a mirror and that he's about to purchase a casket. If I know him correctly it would have the Monegasque flag on it.

Carla and Arthur look at us, and it hits me that they weren't here when we got here, so that means they walked in and saw us both sleeping like that and they didn't wake me up or even tell me to take my boots off. So I gave them a glare and I pulled my legs closer to me to try to get my boots off. Carla saw me struggling and walked over to help me pull them off.

"Ce qui est arrivé la nuit dernière?" What happened last night? Arthur laughed and put his hand on his brother's back.

"Laisse-moi tranquille," Leave me alone, Charles replied into the pillow.

"Tu sais que nous avons un dîner de répétition ce soir, n'est-ce pas ?" You know we have a rehearsal dinner tonight, right? Carla asked, making Charles fake cry into the pillow.

"Et nos parents arrivent dans environ cinq heures," And our parents are coming in about five hours, Arthur added happily, which made Charles and I groan in unison. 

Carla looked between us with her eyes furrowed, "Je pense que tes parents sont adorables, qu'est-ce qui ne va pas chez toi ?" I think your parents are lovely, what is the matter with you?

I get out of the armchair and feel like I want to bang my head against the wall while my intestines rearrange themselves, and then I start walking towards the little kitchen. I need water to make myself feel better so that I can talk to my parents without being a monster.

"Ma mère m'aime un peu moins depuis que Charles et moi avons rompu," My mother has loved me a little less ever since Charles and I broke up, I reply.

"Ma mère t'aime assez pour eux deux après notre rupture," My mother loves you enough for the both of them after you and I broke up, Charles replies tiredly. "Mais elle m'aime beaucoup moins." She likes me significantly less though.

"Ce n'est pas vrai!" That is not true! Carla exclaims, "Vous êtes leurs enfants, ils vous aiment de la même manière, peu importe qui vous voyez." You're their children, they love you just the same no matter who you're seeing.

"Non, ils ne le font pas," No they don't, Arthur replies while shaking his head, "Mais je ne me plains pas, ils m'aiment encore plus maintenant." I'm not complaining though, they love me even more now.