5. Syrup Village

Flashback

Fear and panic bubbled inside the Boa sisters. They weren't sure where they were. One minute, they were on their ship and the next they were taken to some unknown place. The only comfort Rosario had was her hand in Hancock's and Marigold's. Their captors brought them to Sabaody Archipelago to the Auction House and chained the sisters together.

Bright lights engulfed the sisters' vision and they found themselves standing center stage. There was a huge crowd inside the building. Rosario shook in her place as she heard people increasing their bids...on them. The Celestial Dragons were eyeing the sisters as though they were their new playthings ready to be brought home.

"39 million Berry!" she heard the auctioneer shout. "Do I hear 40 million?"

Hancock and her sisters tried to cover Rosario from the prying eyes of the Celestial Dragons. There was no telling what these people would do to them. Rosario jumped when she heard the gavel banging against the podium.

"Sold! For 100 million Berry!"

Flashback Over

Rosario thought she was used to people staring at her face. It didn't bug her that people's gaze were always on her cut. But she was getting annoyed because Luffy had been staring at it for the last 10 minutes, while she was sharpening her sword, with an amazed grin and kept firing questions about it.

"Is that real blood?" he asked.

Rosario mentally rolled her eyes. "Yes."

"Why hasn't it healed?"

"Because, if I want it to heal then I can't smile for a few weeks. I always laughed when I was in Buggy's crew so it never got the chance to heal properly. My stitches would rip anyway so I stopped giving a shit."

"Does it hurt?"

"No."

Luffy brought his hand up and tried to touch her cut. "Does it hurt when you eat?"

Rosario grabbed his wrist and stopped what she was doing to give him an icy glare. "Not really. Try touching them again and it'll be the last thing you do. Now, enough with the questions, kid."

"Ok...sorry," he mumbled. Rosario nodded before going back to her sword. She did feel a bit bad for snapping at him like that. In reality, she was actually touched that someone wanted to know a little bit about her scar without running away in fear. "How long have you had that tattoo?"

She stopped before raising a brow at him. "What tattoo?"

"The tattoo on your back? I saw it when you did that cool thing with your ribs."

Rosario froze. She was so focused on helping Luffy that she didn't realize that he saw the brand on her back. The only thing she would agree with her sisters is lying about it. It's something from her past that she doesn't like to talk about. Hell, only two people from outside the Boa sisters know about it and Buggy just happens to be one of them.

"Don't you have a Jolly Roger to finish?" she deflected.

It seemed to work because Luffy was beaming. "I finished it! Wanna see?"He got up and grabbed his flag. Rosario scrunched her nose at the poorly painted skull and crossbones but did like the straw hat on top. "It's ready! The perfect Jolly Roger for me and the crew."

"No offense, kid...it's terrible," Rosario gave her honest opinion.

"And we're not a crew," Nami cut in, her eyes looking at the duo before glancing at the map. "You're not hanging that on my boat."