10. The Going Merry

"Are you sure we're going in the right direction?" Rosie asked Zoro. She wasn't sure how long they walked but it felt like they were getting further and further away from Kaya's.

"Positive," Zoro answered. He stopped when he heard noises coming ahead. He held his arm out to stop Rosie as they heard a gun being cocked.

"Garp gave us strict orders," Koby told Helmeppo, who pointed his gun at Luffy.

Without removing his gaze from Luffy, Helmeppo replied, "He gave you strict orders." Rosie glared at the Marines that were behind him and quietly stalked toward them. She yanked one back, covered his mouth to muffle his screams, then rammed her sword through his body. "Start walking, pirate," Zoro followed her lead and grabbed the next marine to knock him out, "or die."

The grunting noises alerted Luffy, Koby, and Helmeppo. They turned around just in time to see Zoro dropping the marine.

"Hey, haircut," Zoro greeted boredly as he walked toward them.

Rosie chuckled as she saw Helmeppo's hair. "You did that?" she asked Zoro, who nodded. "Nice. It's better than the last one." She waved at Helmeppo. "How's it going, Goldilocks?"

Luffy grinned at them. "Zoro! Rosie!"

Helmeppo tried to put on a brave face. He didn't want to coward away in fear as the pirate hunter walked right in front of him. Zoro didn't even utter a word as he raised his fist to knock Helmeppo down.

"Nice," Rosie complimented. Koby took a step back once he caught sight of her. He heard rumors about Boa Rosario. The last thing Koby heard was Rosie was part of Buggy's crew. He's seen her wanted poster before, so it confused him immensely when he saw her with Luffy and Luffy greeted her as if they were good friends. Rosie felt his gaze and smirked at him. She walked over and gently pinched his cheek. "Awe, aren't you the cutest little thing." This time she gave him a genuine smile. "You're new aren't you?"

Zoro rolled his eyes at her antics. 

"How can you tell?" Koby wondered nervously.

"You're not a complete jerk like most Marines I've met. Most of them would have drawn their swords at me, already," Rosie answered honestly. "I can tell you're such a sweetheart."

Zoro's hand twitched toward his sword. He wanted to glare at Koby so badly, but that would gain the attention of the other two. Zoro doesn't even understand the sudden urge to pull Rosie away and throw a possessive arm over her shoulder.

"How'd you know where to find me?" Luffy questioned.

"We didn't," Zoro monotoniously stated.

"No, Moss Head thought he was leading us to the house," Rosario stated with an annoyed tone. She pulled away from Koby to head toward her crew. "I told you we were going the wrong way, idiot!"

Luffy chuckled at their bickering before heading toward Kaya's house. Rosie crossed her arms and followed Luffy.

"Found Luffy, didn't we," Zoro stated in a way that said at least something right happened.

Koby quickly shouted, "Hold it right there!" The trio stopped to look at him. "By order of the Marines, I'm placing you under arrest."

Luffy took a step forward. "Koby..." he began. "I know you've got a job to do...but I'm gonna go back and help my friends." Rosie smiled again, which didn't go unnoticed by Zoro. Luffy risking his life for his friends is one of the things Rosie admires about him, unlike Buggy who would just leave his crew if they're weak. "So, don't try to stop me."

Koby felt conflicted. He knows he has to do his job and follow Garp's orders, yet, he knows Luffy isn't like most pirates. Koby licked his lip before nodding, giving Luffy the ok that he wouldn't stand in his way.