12. What's Wrong With Her?

Flashback

Trafalgar Law, captain of the Heart Pirates, returned to his ship. He was six days late after the promised day he would return. When he arrived he thought everyone would be their usual chaotic selves, but he was greeted by a quiet ship. It was unusual because usually Penguin, Shachi, or Bepo would be the first to greet him in some way.

As if he heard his name three times, Shachi quickly rushed out of the kitchen with a bowl of soup. Law noticed the beads of sweat dripping down his crewmate's forehead as he moved in a rush.

"Shachi," Law called out. Shachi shrieked and almost dropped the food.

"Captain!" he greeted happily. Shachi ran over and grabbed Law's arm while balancing the tray. "I'm sorry to bug you when you just returned but we need your help." Law saw how Shachi's eyes were getting watery. "It's Rosario, she's in pain. And no one knows what's wrong with her. We're scared she might not make it."

Law felt his blood run cold. He never would admit it to anyone, but he has developed an attachment to her. All the tiredness left his body. "Where is she?"

Flashback Over

Rosie hummed in delight as she drank her milk. "I don't know what he did, but for some reason, this milk's really refreshing."

Sanji brought the Straw Hats their meal. When he set Rosie's milk down, he gave her a flirty smile and winked before heading back to the kitchen. Zoro tried his hardest not to glare at Sanji. Sanji might also be flirting with Nami, but he was flirtier toward Rosie and he hated it.

Rosie held her cup toward Luffy. "Here, kid, try some," she offered as she took a bite of her dessert.

Luffy eagerly took her glass and sipped it. "Hmm," he hummed before smiling. "You're right, it's good." He smacked his lips together. "What is that? Cashew?"

"I think it's oat milk."

"I can't eat another bite," Usopp groaned as he doubled over his plate with his chopsticks holding up the meat. "But it's so good."

"Oh man, you said it," Zoro agreed while opening another beer.

Nami leaned back as she looked about ready to go into a food coma. "I'm not gonna be hungry for a week," she said.

"Should we order dessert?" Luffy wondered.

Zoro held up his beer. "I already got mine."

"I could go for another dessert," Rosie agreed. She held Zoro's hand going on her thigh. Her brow raised when she looked at him. She tried to ignore the way her heart raced when she saw him already looking at her. "You ok there, buddy? The beer finally getting to you?"

"You could say that," Zoro muttered. He spotted Sanji walking around, carrying dirty dishes in one hand as he headed toward the kitchen. His glare hardened as his thumb slowly rubbed her inner thigh. Rosie felt herself blushing at the contact. When she looked away, she made eye contact with Sanji. Sanji smiled at her while using his free hand to wave. Rosie smiled back and waved, which brightened the cook's mood. Zoro's jaw clenched at the action.

"We should do a toast," Luffy announced. "Come on. Grab your glasses." The Straw Hats grabbed their glasses and held them up. "To the best crew sailing on the sea and to our victory. Yeah!"

Usopp shouted, "Yeah." Then he clinked his glass with Luffy.

 Rosie chuckled and looked at Zoro, who was smiling while drinking his beer. She held her glass to him. "Cheers, Moss Head," she said with a smile.