[ 7 ] On Top and Underneath

*

"Catch!" Sehun hollers as he throws the ball to a panicky Baekhyun, who is, at the moment trying his very best to chase the flying ball in the air.

Baekhyun flails his hands upward, running aimlessly throughout the grassy football field in attempt to grab the ball, but he fails. He suddenly trips to his foot, stumbling on the ground before he might even touch the ball with his fingers.

There's an annoyed, aw, not again! from Baekhyun's gym partner as he picks up the ball by himself, a meter away from the ground to where Baekhyun is face-to-face with. Baekhyun whines.

"Are you okay?" a deep voice asks, startling Baekhyun to his mini frustration. He looks up to see pearly white teeth and big round eyes who is looking worriedly at him.

"Chanyeol-sunbae!" Baekhyun exclaims as he stands up to his feet. Chanyeol helps him by holding his arm for support.

"Hey, are you hurt somewhere?" the president asks, looking down to Baekhyun's exposed milky thighs and knees that are dirtied by few grass spikes and soil.

"No, I'm completely fine!" Baekhyun says while smiling. He jumps to show Chanyeol how fine he is. "See! No bones broken!"

Chanyeol chuckles, his eyes lingering into the junction of Baekhyun's legs where his tight gym shorts is sticking. He takes note of how the front of Baekhyun's shorts hugs his impossibly flat crotch. He returns his eyes to Baekhyun, offering him a sweet smile.

"I'm not sure though," Chanyeol says, scratching the back of his neck. "It looks like your knee scraped when you fall."

Chanyeol squats, scooting closer and inspecting the slight scratch on the skin of Baekhyun's right knee. "It's bleeding."

Baekhyun's eyes widen, looking down to his knee and to Chanyeol's face. "It is?"

"Yeah. I think we have to clean it up," Chanyeol says as he touches the fresh blood with his thumb, smearing it around the area so that the red liquid will be mixed with the soil. Chanyeol smiles.

"Ah, s-sunbae," Baekhyun whimpers when the wound stings, pain striking to his whole leg. He withdraws his right leg but Chanyeol's grip is tight around his knee.

"Chanyeol-sunbae, I think I can manage," Baekhyun says anxiously, looking elsewhere aside from Chanyeol. "You don't have to--"

"Oh! Sorry, I was just. Massaging it. I learned it from somewhere," Chanyeol says, his grip loosens from Baekhyun's thigh. He gives Baekhyun a friendly smile as he looks up to the boy who's just staring at him with wide innocent eyes.

"Let me take you to the student council room," Chanyeol says, wiping the blood off his thumb against the back of his pants. Baekhyun just stares, standing there awkwardly.

"We have some wound creams and band aids there to treat your wound. You know the infirmary's closed because of renovation. And hey, it's a pain in my heart to let my subordinates get hurt like this," Chanyeol says with a light chuckle. "Especially my Vice President."

"Oh, I-I see," Baekhyun says, his cheeks tinted with a shade of pink. "Thank you, Chanyeol-sunbae."

"No problem," Chanyeol replies with a smile.

Baekhyun, still clad in his P.E. uniform, follows Chanyeol to the council room at the second floor. He makes a mental note to change into his uniform right away after nursing his scrape on the knee.

"The meeting will start at five," Chanyeol says as he opens the door, ushering Baekhyun inside. Then he jokes, "We're an hour early here."