[ 26 ] The Colors of Your Eyes

*

He is really unexpected.

Sometimes he's being a beast, other times he seems to be a normal teenager. He has mood swings every now and then, that Baekhyun can't understand what's going on inside his head. Sometimes his actions tend to say otherwise with his words. He is best at showing pokerface when he lies, so Baekhyun can't really decipher if he's telling the truth or not.

It's just in his eyes.

Baekhyun doesn't know it is possible for people to sometimes flash different colors of emotions through their eyes. Chanyeol's eyes are originally white when he's neutral. Red when he's angry, green when he's cold, black when he's under influence, gray when he doesn't care. But to Baekhyun, Chanyeol's eyes turning blue is his favorite.

His eyes are blue when he lies.

His eyes are also blue when they fuck. His eyes are blue when he looks at Baekhyun as if he has something to say, but shuts up instead. His eyes are blue when he tells Baekhyun he doesn't love him yet he is holding Baekhyun right now like he doesn't want Baekhyun to go.

"Don't touch me, I might get the wrong idea," Baekhyun hisses, inching himself closer to the stationary horse as he hugs its big head. For some goddamn reason, the President is behind him riding the same horse as he is because there is no vacancy, so they need to share one fucking pony.

What the fuck.

Baekhyun is not hoping for this, not hoping for Chanyeol's chest pressed against his back nor Chanyeol's hand placed on either side of his waist. He's just hoping for a nice and peaceful carousel ride without any kind of interaction with the President.

He is forgetting him, remember? Baekhyun scoffs.

"Please get your hands off me, Chanyeol-sunbae."

"You'll fall when I let go of you."

"Then that's better. So I can hit my head and finally get back to my senses," Baekhyun answers stiffly, shrugging the President off. He hears him sigh, finally releasing him so he can breathe.

"Thank--"

The carousel starts to move.

"Ahhh!!!"

Chanyeol holds him again by the waist.

"See, I told you."

Baekhyun really hates him. He hates Chanyeol because he loves him. He knows he doesn't make sense but whatever. He's trying to forget Chanyeol, remember?

Embracing the pony for dear life as it moves up and down up and down, Baekhyun ignores the President's presence behind his back. It's just a wall. A tall warm wall with elfish ears and deep voice who's now talking to him saying it's his first time to ride a carousel.

Wait, what.

"My mom wouldn't let me ride a marry-go-round when I was young. She told me it was nonsense, that I should learn to make one instead."

Slowly, Baekhyun turns his head to look at Chanyeol's face. Even though there are bright lights illuminating the circular ride, he can clearly see Chanyeol's eyes flashing amber.

His eyes are amber when he's sad.

And Baekhyun can feel that familiar clench in his heart. Again.

Chanyeol sets his eyes upon him, so Baekhyun averts his sight.

"Don't look at me like that. I might get the wrong idea." Baekhyun clutches the makeshift whip around the pony and focuses his eyes in front of him instead.