[ 19 ] Leaving and Letting Go

*

As soon as Baekhyun came out from the study room, Sehun stands up from sitting position on the cozy couch. He can see the President following behind, a blank expression written across his face.

Turning to the opened door, Luhan detaches himself from Jongin with a squeal, walking towards Baekhyun with a skip on his steps. Baekhyun smiles at him a little reluctant.

"Hey, Baekhyun!" Luhan greets, placing a hand on top of Baekhyun's hair to ruffle it lovingly. "Why are you coming here just now!? Did this bastard do something bad to you?" He points an accusing finger at Chanyeol. "Tell me and I'll cut his dick off."

The President glares at him. "Shut your fucking mouth, bitch."

"I'm sorry, hyung. I was just--" Baekhyun turns to look at Sehun on the corners of his sad eyes. Sehun just stares at him. "I was sick."

"Are you feeling better now?"

Baekhyun shakes his head.

"Oh, you should go to the doctor, then," Luhan says, smiling. "Just tell me and I'll go there with you."

"Luhan, I'm also sick!!!" comes Jongin's muffled voice on the couch, earning a painful hit on the back from Kyungsoo.

"No need to do that. I-I'm fine by myself," Baekhyun says, forcing a smile that doesn't even reach his eyes. He looks at Sehun on the side of the room waiting for him. "I have to go."

"I'll take you home," Chanyeol speaks in a low voice, holding Baekhyun's arm a little bit hesitant. His hand is itching to grip it tight and drag Baekhyun back to the room. "Let's go."

Baekhyun averts his eyes from the President, shaking his head slowly. There's a painful pinch in his heart as he quietly mutters, "No, thank you."

Chanyeol wants to dig his nails against Baekhyun's soft skin, but restrains himself from doing it. Instead, he keeps his large hand attached onto Baekhyun's elbow. Baekhyun tenses within his hold.

"I'm sorry, sunbae but you don't have to take me home."

Lifting an eyebrow, Luhan is quite taken aback by Baekhyun's straight answer. He doesn't say anything when he grabs Baekhyun's other arm resting powerless by his side. He smiles.

"I'll take you home. Jongin can give you a ride."

Looking up to the Secretary, he is greeted with Luhan's hopeful eyes staring back at him that has Baekhyun seeming to be in the verge of crying. He shakes his head for the second time.

"Thank you, but I can manage," Luhan releases Baekhyun's arm dismissively, stepping back. Baekhyun stifles his tears. "I'm sorry."

"I'll take him home," Sehun finally says, walking towards the Vice President and holding him by the hand. Head ducked down low, Baekhyun doesn't say anything when he squeezes his best friend's warm palm within his. He can feel the President's eyes boring holes against his back and the President's strong clutch against his other arm gripping his bones.

"Come on," Sehun whispers, tugging Baekhyun with him gently when Baekhyun doesn't make a single move. Baekhyun shuts his eyes close, gasping a shaky breath.

"Chanyeol-sunbae, let go," Baekhyun says, his voice hitches at the end as he pulls his arm away. "Let my arm go.."

Wordlessly, Chanyeol lets his arm go. Baekhyun braces his abused arm, rubbing soothing circles along the skin.