11 - why

His could feel his heart pounding in his ears.
A storm of panic rising in his chest.
„E-Eugene..?" left jesus' mouth, his tone barely above a whisper.
Mary (his mama) stood in front of Jesus with a glint of anxiousness in her eyes.

„Yes.. I'm very sorry." Mary stepped beside Jesus, taking his hands in hers.
Jesus clenched his jaw together, attempting to keep him from crying out.
„wHy?" His voice broke, no longer sounding forlorn, but enraged.
He leaned his head back, his eyes fixated on the ceiling above him.
A plain white ceiling seemed so interesting yet so uninteresting at the same time, anything to get his mind distracted by the truth.

Tears starting to well at his eyes, he squeezed them shut to restrict the tears from falling out.

Jesus didn't know what or how to feel in this moment.
The guy he loved,
murdered his...
friend, girlfriend? It didn't matter.
He felt confused, frustrated, hysteric and...

longing.

Longing for the past, wishing that this whole incident didn't happen.
But why did it happen?

Pacing back and forth around his house with his mom staring at him didn't help answer that question.
Why did it happen?

The next day at school, same thoughts, same actions. Jesus' friends, The Onceler, Crow thinking that Jesus was just grieving Mary's loss. I mean, of course he was but he also thought of something else.
Why did it happen?

The next days, same cycle over and over and over again. With each passing day, Jesus felt as if it was getting harder to breath, his chest tightening by not knowing why Eugene would do this.
Until it clicked.

Eugene was jealous.