Turnabout Samurai Trial Day 1

October 18, 10:00 AM
District Court
Courtroom No.4

It was the first day of the Trial of Will Powers, as Phoenix, Ryan and Maya stood on the right side of the court as Edgeworth stood on the left as they waited for the Judge to signal the start of the trial as the old man slammed down his gavel before speaking.

Judge: The court is now in session for the trial of Mr. Will Powers.

Edgeworth: The prosecution is ready, Your Honor.

Phoenix: The defense is ready, Your Honor.

Judge: Very well, Mr. Edgeworth, your opening statement, please.

Edgeworth: The prosecution will show the court that at 2:30 PM on October 15, the defendant, Mr. Will Powers, killed fellow actor Jack Hammer at Studio One of Global Studios. It is impossible for anyone else to have committed this heinous crime. The evidence presented during the trial will all point to this fact.

Judge: Hmm, I see. Very well, I would like to move on to your testimony. Mr. Edgeworth, the prosecution may call its first witness.

Edgeworth: First, I would like to call a familiar face, Detective Gumshoe, to the stand.

He exclaimed as Gumshoe walked and stood behind the witness stand as he continued speaking.

Edgeworth: Detective, if you would briefly describe this case to the court?

Gumshoe: Yes sir! I'll explain with the guidemap here. To understand this case, it's important to grasp the layout of the studios, see?

He explained as he pulled out the map that showed the entire layout of Global Studios as he pointed to each building there.

Gumshoe: This here is the Employe Area

Gumshoe: This here is the Employe Area. The actors did a run-through of their action scenes during the morning here. This is the main gate to the studios. The security lady that works at the studios was here at 1:00 PM on that day. Past the security station there is a gate, see? Past that are the studios. And here it is... Studio One.

Gumshoe: This is the scene of the murder, where the body was found! Now, on the day of the murder, October 15, there were only three people here. The victim, Jack Hammer, the defendant, Will Powers, and a young woman, the production assistant. All the production staff were in the Employee Area until noon. Then after lunch, the victim, Jack Hammer, went to Studio One. Right after that, at 1:00 PM, the security lady got to the guard station. Now, jump ahead to later that day... 5:00 PM. The production came to Studio One to perform a rehearsal. Needless to say, the rehearsal was canceled... The time of death was 2:30 PM. The "Samurai Spear" found lodged in the victim's chest was the murder weapon. That's the case, in brief. Anyone like to hear that again?

He asked the entire court to repeat what he described as everyone stayed silent as the Judge continued the trial.

Judge: So the murder weapon was a "spear"? How... medieval!