Turnabout Goodbyes Trial Day 1

Judge: Hmm… Well, Mr. Wright. You may cross-examine the witness. 

Karma: Objection! The witness’s testimony is unchanged from before! Whether she is a research student or a photographer has no bearing on this case! There is no need to waste more of our time with another pointless cross-examination! 

Judge: Er… hmm. 

Phoenix: Objection! I claim the defense’s right to cross-examine the witness, Your Honor! ‘Von Karma’s up to something, I know it! He doesn’t want me to cross-examine her because… why? Was there a contradiction

Judge: Very well. You may begin the cross-examination. You seem sure of yourself, you must have something in mind. 

Karma: Ha! That would be a first! 

Phoenix: ‘Hah hah, very funny.’ 

Judge: You understand that this is your last chance at a cross-examination, Mr. Wright? If there is no problem with the testimony this time, we will let the witness leave. I will announce my verdict at that time, Mr. Wright. Understood? 

Phoenix: Yes, Your Honor. 

Cross Examination

As Lotta retold her testimony, once she said there wasn’t much else to look at on the lake and watched the boat. And as she mentioned that Ryan handed Phoenix the newspaper article about Gourdy and presented it. 

Phoenix: Objection! Ms. Hart! Were you REALLY looking at that boat!? 

Lotta: W-what’s with you!? Course I was looking at it! It was the only thing out there! Any normal person’d be looking at it! 

Phoenix: I agree, any normal person would. But you are far from normal! 

Lotta: Wh-what!? Y’all wanna step over here and say that!? 

Phoenix: You were camping at the lake to take a picture of Gourdy! Think about it- - What would you do if you heard a loud noise? You’d be scanning the lake for any sign of Gourdy, that’s what! You wouldn’t give the boat a second thought! 

Lotta: Aah! 

Judge: Order! Continue, Mr. Wright! 

Phoenix: You testified that you were watching the boat through binoculars! However, you wouldn’t need binoculars to watch that boat! You needed them to search for Gourdy… and that’s what you were doing! 

Lotta: …! … … 

Phoenix: Well?! 

Lotta: Hmph… Well, now that y’all mention it… I did sort of take my binoculars and kind of scan the lake a bit… I mean, Gourdy might be out there, n’all…. 

Judge: M-Ms. Hart! A-are you saying that you were NOT watching the boat, then?

Lotta: S-sorry, y’all.  I wasn’t fibbing, really. I was, just… I thought y’know, I could be witness to a murder n’all! I kinda got excited. I was sure I was watching that boat… till now. 

Judge: … This… this is totally uncalled for- - 

Lotta: B-but hey! You got the photograph! You got proof! 

Judge: Still, we can’t see who is shooting who in this. 

Lotta: Right! Right! That’s why I took this photo n’....

Karma: Objection! Witness… That’s enough. You’ve had a long day. Shut your pie-hole. 

Lotta: Sh-shut my what!? 

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney X Male Oc Book 1 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara