Turnabout Goodbyes Trial Day 1

After the ten minute recess, the Judge slammed down his gavel, restarting the trial.

Judge: Court is back in session. Mr. von Karma, call your witness.

Karma: Yes. Will Ms. Lotta Hart take the stand?

He ordered as Lotta took the stand as she was smiling excitedly in a big city court as Karma began speaking.

Karma: Lotta Hart, you are a research student at a university?

Lotta: That I am.

Karma: Good. Begin by telling us what you saw the night of the incident. And don't add anything trivial or subjective. Understand?

Lotta: ... Y'all need to learn some manners.

Karma: UNDERSTAND?

Lotta: Y-yeah, I understand, I understand!

Judge: Er... very well. Your testimony, please.

Witness Testimony
-Witness's Account- -

Lotta: It was Christmas Eve, just after midnight, I reckon. I was in my car. I heard this "bang" come up from the lake. When I looked out the window, I saw two gents in a boat. Then there was another "bang".... There wasn't nary a thing on the lake but that boat.

Karma: Enough.

Lotta: Huh?

Lotta: Huh?

Karma: Judge! She happened to take a photo of the incident! This is that photo. Accept it as evidence.

Judge: W-well! This is a surprise! This looks like... the very moment of the murder!

He exclaimed in shock as that made the entire gallery to whisper as the Judge quickly slammed down his gavel, silencing everyone.

Judge: O-Order! I will remove people from this courtroom if I do not have order immediately!

Karma: As the witness testified, she looked at the lake when she heard the shot. There were no other boats on that lake! So, the man in the boat with the victim must have been the one who shot him... Yes. It was the defendant, Miles Edgeworth!!!

He declared as that made the gallery go back whispering in shock as the Judge slammed down his gavel, silencing them again.

Judge: Order! Order! Order...! I will have order!

Karma: ... Well, Judge?

Judge: The evidence is... decisive. I have very little doubt about this case. Very well, this court finds the defendant...

Phoenix: Objection! W-wait! Your Honor! I haven't cross-examined the witness yet!

Karma: A cross-examination? We have photographic proof! What question can there possibly be!? This photo is worth a thousand words... and they all read "guilty"! You lose. Or... Do you claim to have found a contradiction in her testimony!?

Phoenix: ...!

Karma: Very well. If you have to, you may cross-examine the witness. You will only flounder and ask meaningless questions! You will fail to find anything! And then, I will have you held in contempt in court!

Maya: Uh, Nick, Fake Nick... Contempt...?

Ryan: "Contempt of court," you know?

Maya: I... guess I understand. Well... what are you going to do? Do you really think there was a contradiction with the facts in her testimony?

Phoenix: I... think I noticed one little thing...

Maya: Wow, I'm impressed, Nick! I didn't notice anything! Right! Let's take him on!