Turnabout Samurai Trial Day 2

October 19, 9:42 AM 
District Court 
Defendant Lobby No. 1 

It was the morning of the second day of the trial of Will Powers, as Phoenix was getting himself ready for another day in court while Ryan was getting all the papers organized as Will Powers approached them in silence. 

Will: … … Umm… Mr. Wright? 

Phoenix: Yes? 

Will: Why do you look so… unhappy? 

Phoenix: O-oh! Oh, nothing! Eh heh heh. Really, it’s nothing. Right, Mia? 

She asked Mia, who was still channeled in Maya’s body, as he noticed how she looked unhappy about something. 

Phoenix: ‘Uh oh. She looks even unhappier…’ 

Mia: Phoenix. Ryan. 

Ryan: Y-yes! What is it? 

He shouted still in fear of seeing Phoenix’s dead mentor speaking to him as he accidentally dropped some papers on the floor as he quickly bent down to retrieve them as she turned to Phoenix. 

Mia: Your client is now practically a dead man walking… Perhaps that’s why I feel particularly close to him. 

Phoenix: This is no time for dead-people jokes, please. And can you stop scaring Ryan, he’s still getting used to you being here. 

Mia: You know we’re going into the trial utterly defenseless. Yet, if Mr. Powers is truly innocent… We should be able to find something overlooked in the evidence to prove it. 

Phoenix: Something “overlooked”...? 

Mia: We have to find something, Phoenix, Ryan, today. It’s that, or lose the trial. 

Phoenix: ‘This isn’t going to be easy.’ 

He thought before he, Ryan and Mia entered the courtroom for the second day of the trial of Will Powers as the Judge slammed down his gavel signaling the start of the trial. 

October 19, 10:00 AM
District Court
Courtroom No. 4

Judge: The court is now in session for the trial of Mr. Will Powers. 

Edgeworth: The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. 

Phoenix: The defense is ready, Your Honor. 

Judge: Very well. Mr. Edgeworth, your opening statement, please. 

Edgeworth: An unexpected fact has come to the attention of the court. Yesterday, we learned that there were other people present at the studios! Today, I would like to show evidence proving they had nothing to do with the murder. 

Judge: Very well. You may call your first witness, Mr. Edgeworth. 

Phoenix: ‘I wonder if that producer is going to come out…’ 

Edgeworth: The prosecution calls Mr. Sal Manella to the stand. 

Phoenix: ‘... or that director.’ 

He thought while Manella walked up to the stand as his face was covered with sweat as Edgworth tried not to sigh as he spoke. 

Edgeworth: Will the witness state his name and profession? 

Manella: … How r00d can j00 get! J00 don’t know ME!? I’m the director! I make the Steel Samurai, n00b! ROFL! 

Edgeworth: … *glares* 

Manella: S…Sal Manella. I’m a director. Television. 

Judge: Were you at Global Studios on the day of the murder?