Turnabout Samurai Trial Day 2

October 19, 11:15 AM
District Court
Courtroom No. 4

Judge: Court is back in session for the trial of Mr. Will Powers.

He announced as he slammed down his gavel, signaling the start of the trial as Edgeworth spoke up.

Edgeworth: The prosecution has a concern. As our witness is a grade schooler of tender years and this is a murder case... We worry that the defense might cause unnecessary trauma with his cruel questioning!

Phoenix: 'Nice to see Edgeworth taking the moral high ground...'

Edgeworth: However, we have no choice. The prosecution calls Cody Hackins to the stand.

He announced as Cody stomped into the courtroom as he was too short for the witness stand as his face was barely seen as he was upset.

Edgeworth: Your Honor. Perhaps you could arrange a box for him to stand on?

Judge: Oh, r-right. Guard, please bring him a box. One of those donut crates should do.

He ordered the guard to get a box for Cody to stand on, as he was now seen as he held his camera, still upset.

Edgeworth: Will the witness state his name and grade in school.

Cody: ...

Edgeworth: Witness!

Cody: What!? Just 'cause you're all grown-up don't mean you can push me around!

Edgeworth: Mrph...

Mia: Cody? Answer his question, okay?

Cody: H-hey, it's you! The nice lady! I'm Cody Hackins. I'm in 2nd grade!

Phoenix: 'I get the feeling this is going to be a long, long day...'

Judge: Mr. Edgeworth. Please remember that you're speaking to a child. Try to be gentle.

Edgeworth: M-mrrrph! Witness! Er, I mean, Cody.

Phoenix: 'He's having trouble with this "gentle" thing.'

Ryan: 'And he was the one who told Phoenix to be careful.'

Edgeworth: You were present, er, you were at Global Studios on the day of the, er, incident?

Cody: You got a problem with that!?

Edgeworth: Please tell us what you saw that day.

Cody: What, pops? You want me to tell you and gramps with the beard over there?

Edgeworth: Just... Mr. Edgeworth will be fine.

Judge: I prefer "bearded gentleman" myself.

Phoenix: 'A very long day...'

Judge: Incidentally, photographic equipment is strictly forbidden in this courtroom.

Edgeworth: M-mpht! M-my apologies, Your Honor. He said he wouldn't testify if he couldn't bring it... I'd like special permission, if that's possible.

Phoenix: Wait, so you're saying you had to bargain terms with a kid... and you LOST?

Cody: Hey! I just got this new camera! Don't really know how to use it all that good yet! But I bring it with me wherever I go!

Mia: Phoenix. Ryan.

She whispered as they leaned in closer as she continued whispering.

Mia: I wonder if he had that camera on the day of the murder... You'd better make a note of it in the Court Record.