Talk

I was home, in my room, listening to music, at the moment a new song from Nickelback was what I was listening to, Edge of Revelation, album No Fixed Address. I sighed, I so screwed up big time.

I looked up at my ceiling and began singing.

Satellite began, same album, and sang with it.

"I'll be your satellite." Was all I said when my door opened, as the song ended, I sat up.

"Hey, Caroline...."

"You sound disappointed to see me." She greeted closing the door behind her, I sighed.

"I'm not, I just have a lot on my mind...."

"Like what?"

"School, track, gymnastics, basketball, wrestling....personal stuff." I explained as she sat down at the end of my bed.

"Your asthma." She added.

"Yeah that too...."

"Listening to Nickelback again?"

I nodded. "Yep."

"Thinking of him again?"

"Yeah..." I looked down at the floor, Far Away playing, Caroline sighed.

"You know whatever reason he disappeared, was not his choice....he loved you too much to ever leave you."

I didn't answer, my eyes watering.

"Sweetie, if he ever did that he would of been crazy, or more then usual..."

I laughed. "But why? Why did he have go? If you weren't here I wouldn't be here, still living in this house, I'd be with strangers....and I love you, but no one can replace Dad.....he was the best, all I could ever ask for, but I want him back, all I ask."

"But that's easier said then done, Fallon. If it wasn't I would of brought him back years ago."

"I know, and I would too."

"Look." She said grabbing my iPod, playing back to Edge of Revelation. "This is true....in a way. You can't give up, and of course everyone wants change. But it depends on if you want the change...."

I nodded, I want change, but my change is to have my Dad back and back to old ways, even though I knew it was almost completely impossible, I still dreamed.

"Now I know it's nine, but you have a busy day tomorrow, you should get some sleep."

"Ok...night Caroline." I said plugging in my iPod, music still playing, but I put a timer on it so it would turn off.

"Goodnight Fallon." Caroline said softly exiting my room as I laid down and closed eyes, going to sleep.

(Thank u for reading)