Track

I sat on the bleachers, in a jersey and short shorts, and track shoes, watching my team running around a tack, waiting for the hurdles to be set up.

"Girls participating in the 500 meter hurdles please get ready at the starting line." Some man said over the speakers above me and I stood up, stepping out onto the track.

I got ready, for my displeasure using a block, waiting for the gun to be fired to signal to go.

BAM! It went off and I took off.

Once I jumped three hurdles I misjudged the timing and tripped on my fourth and tumbled to the ground, but I was up and running and in a second, ignoring the pain on my right arm and leg. I came in second and I slowed to a stop, breathing heavily.

"Tracey Lovett first place, and Fallon Rodgers second place, amazingly after her fall, Fallon Rodgers sure puts fall in Fallon." The announcer said chuckling, making people laugh in stands. I grimaced, limping to my track couch.

"Fallon great job, good sportsmanship, here's a first aid kit...arm looks pretty bad."

I looked down at my arm, wincing, blood, black and scraped skin covered my elbow, down to my wrist.

"Thank you Mrs. Kroger, but I'm gonna go home...." I said limping off to get my stuff.

"Ok Fallon, hope you get those cleaned up at home!" Mrs. Kroger called to me.

"I will!" I called back, leaving the school grounds and made my way home, painfully slow.

When I limped up to the front door, I opened it with my left hand, which felt weird and was kinda difficult since it the door was made for right handed people.

"Hey Caroline?" I called walking into the entry room, dropping my stuff, and walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I heard my friend's call.

"Can you help me with something?"

"Sure what is-oh." She said walking in and finding me. "Yes I'll help you come on."

I followed her in the living room, and sat on the couch, soon later she came back with hydrogen peroxide, isopropyl alcohol, and bandages.

"Prepare yourself, it's gonna hurt."

"I know it is." I said biting my bottom lip.

"I'll do your leg first." Caroline said, getting peroxide on some paper towels and I stretched out my leg so she could see it.

"Ok, get ready..."

I tensed, and once I felt the cold, wet tingling sensation I yelped and gripped the couch tightly.

"I'm sorry."

"Just.....continue Caroline...please..." I muttered grimacing.

"Ok..."

I kinda got lost in pain as I sat there and the next thing I knew was Caroline wrapping up my leg. I watched.

"Ow." Was the only thing I said.

She laughed. "You've said that repeatedly the whole time I was doing your leg."

"I was?" She nodded. "Huh...well I kinda blacked out...."

She laughed again. "You think that was painful? Wait till I treat your arm." She got up, sitting by me.

I groaned.

"I'm sorry, but give me your arm." I held my arm out, it was shaking uncontrollably from pain, and she took it, once again I yelped but this time flinched, trying to get my arm away from her. "Fallon, it's going to hurt worse if you continue to struggle."

I stopped, and closed my eyes, tears forming and streaming down my face.

When it came to much to bare I stared to flinch again.

"I'm almost done, hold on."

"I c-c-can't."

"Hold on for a couple more seconds....I'm done."

I tour my arm away, and cried. "Ow...."

"I know, I'm sorry."

I stood up and limped to the stairs, and to my room.

I entered my room, closed the door and sat in the windowsill. Slouching I crossed my left arm and rested my chin on my forearm, injured leg extended out. I sat there, crying, eyes closed. I could some comfort right now....