Racing

When I made it back into the main room, making my way to the catwalk, I was caught off guard as I was picked up from behind; relieved beeps and whirls greeting my ears, drowning out my squeak. 

"Fallon! There you are, where were you?"

I turned around and looked up at Bumblebee and his large blue optics, "I'm okay Bee, I was just getting some alone time in the halls." 

"Why didn't tell you us? We thought you taken again!" 

"I'm sorry, Bumblebee, I know I should of told someone, but you know how I am with Decepticons, I tend to attract them like flies." I replied, smiling innocently.

His optics widened and he beeped excitedly before looking at his human charge, "Is she understanding me or is she just really great at guessing what I'm saying all of a sudden?" 

I tensed as I realized that could understand him, looking around the base to find everyone watching us in surprise, no one was translating for him and his voice was one I never heard before. "H - how can I understand you all of a sudden?"

The yellow Autobot looked at me and I could see he was almost smiling.  "You can understand me!"

Y-yes I can, Bee," I stuttered, confused at the possibility of it all. How could I understand Bumblebee? I never could before, not even close to what I was understanding now. 

Bumblebee seemed to realized my stutter and his expression changed into one of concern. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, swallowing past the lump in my throat. "Of course, I'm I-I'm surprised that's all. What happened to the Decepticon?"

"He went back to the Decepticon ship, he wanted to give us some information on energon mines nearby." Optimus answered, watching me closely as Bumblebee sat me down on the ground, "Fallon?"

I looked up at the Autobot leader, "Yes, Optimus?"

"Do you by chance know the Decepticon that was here?"

"I first met him on the Decepticon ship when I was captured with Fowler and then that time in the woods, but other than that no, no I don't. Why?"

"Nothing to worry about, Fallon, thank you."

I glanced around at the others in confusion before nodding, "You're welcome?"

I climbed the stairs to the catwalk and leaned on the back of the couch to watch the boys play their racing game with Miko, but I couldn't shake Optimus' question or the reason how I could suddenly understand my mute friend with his unique way of speech like he was talking English.

"Hey, Fallon, are you okay?"

I was brought out of my thoughts by Jack and I found him watching me worriedly, "I'm fine, thank you for asking, Jack."

He handed his remote to Miko and stood up, "You look like need some air, do you want to go for a ride?" 

I was about to decline the offer as I watched Miko excitedly race against Raf but decided that it wouldn't hurt to get some air and nodded, "Yes, I would like that, Jack, thank you."

He smiled at me and led me to Arcee, "No problem, it's what friends are for."

While Arcee transformed, after accepting our request, Jack handed me a helmet.

"Thanks."

"Safety first."

I smiled faintly as I put the helmet on, "Safety first."