Chapter Four

~Spencer's POV~

I wait outside Carmen's hospital room with Morgan and the rest of the team. Hotch is trying to hold down the fort at the BAU but said that he would try to make it later. We told him not to worry, Carmen wasn't even in her hospital room yet, she was still in surgery.

"Reid." Morgan says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Carmen's going to be fine."

"But Morgan, what if she's not? They only told us that she was stabbed, leaving a 1 in 3 chance if it's the heart, if it was the stomach the odds are considerably less depending on how bad. But the odds of it being pretty much anywhere else--"

"Reid! Calm down, it's okay." Morgan tells me and I start to get hysterical.

"Morgan, it's not though."

"Why are you all worked up about this? It wasn't your fault."

"You don't understand, Morgan. It is my fault. I brought her soup and tried to figure out why she was sick. We were watching a movie and she blew up and told me she was on her period and told me to leave and I did and then she got stabbed and it's all my fault. If I had just not analyzed the situation she wouldn't be hurt." I stammer.

"Reid. Calm down. Carmen's a fighter. If someone where to stab her she would have fought back. She's resourceful and smart. She'll make it, trust me."

"What if she's like Elle?" I whisper and he nods.

"Then we'll take it from there, okay?"

"Okay."

~Carmen's POV~

A bright light shines on my face and I open my eyes. Everything is blurry. I feel a dull ache in my right thigh and look down to see a hospital gown carefully cut so there's a gaping hole and I see many hands holding needles and other medical equipment.

"Umm... Guys?" I say awkwardly. "I don't think I'm supposed to be awake for this..." One of the surgeons looks up and pulls a sheet over my head. They must have put something in my IV because soon I'm out again.

~Hotch's POV~

I pull into a parking slot and shut off the vehicle, hurrying inside.

"Fastest way to room 217?"

"Name?"

"Aaron Hotchner. Here for Carmen Brooks."

"Left down that hallway, then take your first right and there's the waiting room."

"Thank you." I run down the long hallway and turn to see Reid with his head in his hands and Morgan with a hand on Reid's back. JJ sits in the corner, tapping her foot nervously.

"Any news?" I ask and everyone looks up.

"No." Reid says and puts his head back in his hands.

"You okay?" I ask, sitting next to him.

"Yeah." He mumbles and a nurse walks in.

"Miss Brooks is being wheeled back to her room as we speak, she's expected to make a full recovery. You can see her, but let her wake up on her own."

"Thank you." I say and look at everyone else. JJ and Morgan point to Reid behind his back, suggesting he see her first.

"Hey Reid. Wanna see her?" I ask and his eyes twinkle.

"Sure." He says, ducking past me into her room.

~Spencer's POV~

I'm so nervous when I push open the doors to Carmen's room. What if she's still mad? I see her already awake in bed, adjusting the blankets around her legs. She looks up at me and I can't read her expression. Anger? Happiness? Relief? Disappointment?