Chapter Twelve

~Carmen's POV~

The next couple days flew by and I was starting to panic. Tomorrow is June 11th, the date picked for the wedding, and I still haven't had enough time with Emma. I'm going to miss her so much, but on the other hand I really need to make sure everything is ready for the wedding.

"Come here." Emma says from the other end of the couch, wrapping me in a hug. "It's okay, stop stressing. you'll be fine." She says, practically reading my mind.

"Em... Your squishing my head." I say and pull back. We laugh and I put my hand on my forehead. "Speaking of, what the heck am I going to do with this gash? I can't have it be super noticeable on the big day..." I trail off and Emma smiles at me.

"You'll be fine, the veil will cover it some of the time, and the other part nobody will notice because of your radiant smile, Carmen. It lights up the room."

"Thanks, Em. You're the best." I say and hug her again.

"How did you get it anyway?"

"Oh... I fell, kinda." I say, sort of embarrassed.

"What? When?"

"Well, I was working a case and kinda passed out, face planting into the concrete." I admit and Emma bursts out laughing.

"Of course you did!" She laughs.

"What?!" I demand, laughing as well.

"It's just, so... You!" She squeals, laughing harder.

"Okay, okay. Thanks for that." I say sarcastically, hitting her with a pillow.

~•~•~•~•~

I look around my apartment and behind the only piece of furniture left, the couch. "Emma..." I sing. "Come out come out wherever you are!" Suddenly she jumps out from behind me.

"Boo!" She yells and I scream. We fall to the floor in a fit of giggles and just when I start to catch my breath I hear a knock on the door. We get up to answer it and I start to get dizzy again.

"Can you answer it? I'm going to lay down for a second." I say and rest my head on the arm of the couch.

Spencer comes in and I lean up to kiss him. "Is it your head again?" He asks and I smile sadly.

"Yeah. I don't know, it's so weird. I don't usually get headaches." I say.

"It's probably all the stress." He says and strokes the side of my face, pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes.

"Yeah, maybe." I say and gently massage the left side of my head, right above the crown.

"Is that where it hurts, babe?" He asks, sitting on my legs and gingerly touching it with his pointer finger.

"Yeah." I say, instinctively grabbing his hand and pushing it away. "It's fine, though, really. You ready for tomorrow?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, I think so. Do you have your carry on packed for the honeymoon?"

"Yeah, it's the last thing in this apartment that I need to take out." I say, looking around at the emptiness.

"Sweet. Hawaii here we come." Spencer cheers and starts to tickle my sides.

"Spencer, no! Stop it!" I scream and he laughs at me. I feel him lift his fingertips to my forehead and gently trace the scratch on my skin.

"I'm sorry." He whispers and I lean my head back, kissing his fingers.

"Why? I'm the klutz, not you." I say and he smiles at me.

Reid's Girl // Spencer Reid FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara