Chaper Ten

~Carmen's POV~

My arms and back ache from moving so many boxes into Spencer's and my new house. Of course I've had the help of Emma, Spencer, my parents, and the entire BAU team, but it doesn't make the boxes lighter or the work easier.

I sit on the end of the moving van with Morgan and Emma and stuff my face with a subway sandwich.

"Easy there, tiger. You could choke." Morgan says and laughs at me.

"Shut up." I reply around my mouthful. It's quiet for a second except for the sound of boxes scraping against the pavement and people breathing heavily. "Hey Em, how are my parents treating you?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Their really nice, but I'd rather be spending my limited time here with my best friend." She replies.

"Wait a second." Morgan cuts in. "Are you saying that Emma is living at your parents house while you get everything ready for the wedding, then you're going to get married and go on your honeymoon and... Then what?" He asks and I realize where I went wrong.

"Then... Emma goes back to London." I whisper, realizing the fate that I had chosen for Emma, without her consent.

"And how long until the wedding?" He asks, confusion still written across his face.

"Three days. One for girls night, one for the bachelorette party, and one for getting everything ready for the honeymoon."

"Okay... So when is Em here flying back to France?"

"London." She corrects. "The day after Carmen flies out on her honeymoon."

"That's it." Morgan finishes, shaking his head. "Nope. I'm taking care of everything. You too spend time with each other, all you have to take care of is the bachelorette party. I'll make sure everything else works out." He says and my mouth drops open. Wait, what?!

"No, Morgan. really I can handle--"

"No, really. Go spend time with Emma. We got it here." I sigh and hug Morgan.

"You break anything and I swear I'll--"

"Okay, okay. Bye Carmen." He says pushing me toward my car. Emma follows me and I tell her to wait in the car, I'll be there in a second.

I walk over to where Spencer is sitting alone and sit next to him. "Hey babe." I sigh, half from exhaustion and half from all the stress.

"What's wrong?" Spencer asks, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Nothing, I'm fine, just stressed is all." I say, brushing it off.

"Are you sure?" He questions and I lean against him for support, subconsciously rubbing my temples.

"Yeah, except for this killer migraine I've been having lately." I admit, cringing at the constant throbbing of my head.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you need something?" He asks, rubbing my back.

"No, I'm fine. Maybe just some painkiller and a--" I'm cut off by many cell phones ringing simultaneously. A case. Great.

"Sorry to bug you on your day off guys." Garcia says when I pick up. Apparently she's managed to get all of us in a joint phone call, so there's a lot of background noise.

"What do you need Baby Girl?" Morgan asks and I smile at them.

"I just got a call informing us to get to Tyson's Corner Center Mall here in Virginia ASAP, there's been some vandalism and petty theft."

"Um," I say, confused. "No offense Garcia, but you're calling us into work because of petty theft?" I ask, still rubbing my head.

"You didn't let me finish. The local police also found the remains of James Cooper at the base of the vandalism." I hang up my phone and run to my car before anyone else even gets off the phone, wanting to be alone.