Chapter Eleven

~Carmen's POV~

I sob into Morgan's arms and he pulls me close. I wish Spencer were here.

"Carmen, look at me." Morgan whispers and I look up at him after a second. "You're not Elle, you're Carmen. The... Bravest, most resourceful little girl I know." He says, smiling. Even as crappy and humiliated as I feel, he still can make me smile. I'm going to miss that.

"Are you calling me small because of my size, or because you see me as a little sister?" I ask.

"Carmen, you are my little sister. And I'm proud of you." He says and I stare at him, surprised.

"Why?"

"Because Carmen, the first case you worked... there were no casualties, do you remember that?"

"Yeah... But what does that have to do with-"

"Why? Why were there no casualties?" He presses.

"Because... I talked him out of it?"

"Exactly, Carmen. You talked him out of it. And then you crawled up into the ceiling to save the other kids."

"I was the only one that fit besides Reid. Why does that matter?"

"Why do you have to be such a hardheaded, Carmen?" He jokes. "Can't you see that you are so talented at this job? You talked him out of killing people. The profile said he would go down shooting, and he didn't, because of you."

"Okay, fine." I sigh. "Beginners luck." I say and he playfully smacks me on the head.

"Fine, what about when you got stabbed? You freaking shot the guy, Carmen!" He says and I laugh.

"Okay, okay... Thanks, Morgan." I say and he laughs.

"Seriously, who knew you hide guns around your apartment?!" He laughs and I smile at him.

"I'm going to need to baby proof a lot when Spencer and I have kids." I say and we share a laugh again. "Hey, Morgan?"

"Yeah, Carmen?"

"Can we keep the whole PTSD thing between us? I'm still not sure if I actually have it or not... I've looked into it."

"Well what did you find?"

"There are a lot of symptoms, but one of the most common is flashbacks or reoccurring dreams about the event, and I haven't had had any."

"Okay... Well call me if you do." He says reassuringly. "Any time of day."

"Thanks. So just between us?"

"Yeah. I promise."

"Thanks, Morgan. You're the best." I say hugging him.

"Just don't call Reid first, okay? He'll just worry."

"Okay." I say and we stand up, I wobble a bit but then regain my balance.

~•~•~•~•~

I get back to the BAU and meet the rest of the team.

"What took you so long?" Hotch questions and I look at Morgan for help.

"Uh, Carmen wasn't feeling well so we sat down for a second." He says and I silently thank him.

"We found out that the writing on the wall is lyrics from the song 42 by Coldplay. It was in blue spray paint most likely because that was the only color They could find." I say, trying to convince Hotch that we actually worked and we weren't lazy.

"Or maybe the unsub was trying to convey sadness." Spencer says and I continue.

"There were no witnesses, which is strange for such a large mall-"