My Heart's Grave

Before leaving the scene of carnage, Minyoung set fire to what was left of the former dragon's wings and tail. She felt numb to the world and couldn't bother to care just a smidge to feel any remorse, guilt or shame for destroying several lives that evening. Yunho felt the shift in the younger woman and wondered what had transpired while he was distracted with talking to the now tailless and wingless dragon. He gave the redhead no warning as he grabbed her shoulder and teleported them both to his house.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Minyoung didn't care about the vampire-daemon's status. "A warning next time?"

"What happened while I was busy?" Yunho cut straight to the point.

"Busy, my ass," she scoffed and glared up at him. "I was busy cleaning up your mess you dragged Josiah and me into. Sungyeon said it, so don't come at me, not that I would care."

"Sieun," she defiantly stared up at him with his hand now around her neck. He'd nearly used his supernatural strength to slam her against the wall. "Watch it. Do you hear yourself speaking?"

"Of course, I have ears." Yunho took note of Minyoung's glowing amber irises. The former was caught between his rising anger and arousal.

"Do you not have any semblance of respect?" he growled as his knee wedged itself between the apex of her thighs.

"Does it look like I care? I'm done, Yunho. What else is there to live if you've experienced anything like I have? Call me a bitch, a whore, a hoe, a slut, anything you want. I'm numb to it all; I've been called every name in the book throughout my formative years. If there is anything I haven't heard, by all means, please go ahead and try me," she rolled her eyes, her tone thick and full of sarcasm. "Pull the trigger if you will."

Despite her glowing eyes, Yunho saw it deep within Minyoung. Something had truly died in her when he didn't pay attention to the fight literally behind his back. The two remained close and silent for several moments as the taller of them tried to figure out what was wrong with the enigma before him.

"Are you just going to stand there with your knee between my legs and your hand on my throat?" her eyes flashed, and Yunho noticed a swirling movement of Minyoung's already glowing irises. "What the fuck is it with you and Hongjoong with choking people?"

"You've met Hongjoong?" Yunho immediately released the woman and nervously stepped away, his heart racing.

"The bastard showed up at my place of work right before I got the message from Josiah. I get it though since I work in Diamond. It would be funny and annoying if Yeosang showed up at my workplace, too in The First Sector," Minyoung rolled her eyes again.

"Wait—" it took a second to click for Yunho. "You're the Choi Minyoung; you're the girl Yeosang healed long ago. How did I not realise it earlier? I know I searched your mind once, but that somehow slipped past me. I met you before; I only heard your voice. I'm an idiot."

"Yeah, well, now we've met each other in the flesh," she folded her arms over her chest. "I don't know what you were looking for in my mind, but I don't think a memory of Yeosang was on your agenda then. You only sifted through the cabinets. By the way, did you ever finish playing A Way Out with him?"

"We did; I [Leo] was surprised when Yeosang [Vincent] finished me off. We played the game blind, meaning that neither of us looked up the storyline. I only looked up how to play through difficult parts. The game wasn't that difficult to play. You know that because you said you played with your dad," Yunho nodded.

"You should play It Takes Two if you liked A Way Out," Minyoung recommended. A knock at the front door interrupted their conversation.

"Who is it?" he called out.