Chapter 8

Third Person POV

John walked out of the store. He couldn't believe some of the terrible music on the radio. All theses songs about break ups and making love. What had happened to music overnight? How they even let that stuff play was beyond him.

John reached a hand deep into his pocket. His fingers wrapped themselves around a cassette tape, the one item he had...taken from the store. It had caught his eye, because of the writing on the outer box. John was intrigued by the writing, but at the same time it had scared him. What did this mean?

Then it hit him. Everything fell into place. It would all make sense then. Why everything was so strange., why the girls wanted to keep them in the house, even why the music was so strange. That's it then. We must be-...

"John!" John turned to see Joan running over to his side. John didn't even try to fake a smile for her as she reached him. Joan wiped the sweat from her forehead, stopping a moment to catch her breath. She looked into John's eyes. She immediately saw the change from when she had seen him last. Joan could see clearly that John had just learned a terrible truth. Maybe that's not it, she told herself. It could be something else.

"John, are you okay?" Joan said . She mentally cursed herself for the nervousness in her voice. She didn't want John to know that she suspected something. John sighed. He could see right through her act. Joan bit her lip when John remained silent. Finally John looked at her and said,

"Can you please explain this?" John reached into his pocket, holding out the tape. Joan stared at the tape for a moment before her eyes widened. On the cover was an image of John, as he had appeared in 1964. Beneath it, in cursive writing, were these words.

John Lennon.
1940-1980