Chapter 27

Joan's POV

In quicker than a flash Julia had left the table absolutely mortified, head in hands, and John sped after her, a look of terror on his face as well. Paul just sat there stiffly, and it looked like he was trying to deny what he'd just heard.

"D- Do we go after her?" Ringo asked nobody in particular. He looked a little awkward, and not exactly sure how to react to what had just happened.

George shook his head 'no' and I think he was right, she needed time.

"What the hell was that? It was John! You could've just cracked some joke, I mean seriously Jude!" I yelled, realising that she was the one that started this, but I instantly hated myself for sounding so harsh, and I saw Ringo's face grow slightly protective again. At least she'd found someone too look after her.

"I'm sorry! What was I supposed to say?" She blurted out, flailing her arms in the air dramatically. I could tell that she felt really awful about Julia.

"I don't know, just crack a joke, like 'I won't be a virgin for much longer, eh Ringo?' A quick wink, and everyone will move on!" I suggested, and she sighed, cuddling up into Ringo, who still had his arms around her.

"Paul, are you OK?" George brought the conversation back to the panicking possible father. He had his huge doe eyes open wide and it looked as though it had only just sunk in what he'd heard. He nodded, but he sure didn't look it. His pink skin had turned abnormally pale, and his hand was slightly shaking, as he brought it up to his face.

"Do you want to talk, or would you rather be alone?" I offered, knowing that when I was upset I preferred to be alone. He merely shrugged.

"Look, we're here if you want to talk, I'm not leaving you alone when you're like this." George sat back down again in the seat next to Paul, and put his arm over the tense shoulders. It was great to see him as such a dedicated friend. I was happy to have gotten such a loyal guy. Looks like I had someone to look after me too.

"OK we'll stay here then, but... I just remembered something." George looked at me confused, until I pointed my arm to the bar, where a traumatised looking man was staring. "You're the Beatles, and we're in a public place making a lot of drama."

"Oh, oh yeah. We should probably go back to mine, I live the closest." George suggested.

"But what about John and Julia? They might think we've gone back to his." Ringo pointed out. Looks like we'd have to wait.

I sat myself the other side of Paul, and me and George stayed comforting him throughout the agonizing time that followed. Ringo and Jude stayed separate from the rest of us. Jude couldn't think of anything to say, and although I think Ringo felt bad for them, he was trying to stay on Jude's side.

"What happens when they get back then? I have to talk to her." Paul took me by surprise as he finally spoke after a long silence.

"Yeah, but just remember she's fragile." I reminded him, and as if on cue, her and John walked in. He looked a little unsteady, but he had his arm draped over her shoulder, and she seemed to have calmed down quite a lot. It was strange, most people seemed to have the opposite reaction when they were near John.

"Jules, I, I mean we..." Paul trailed off, not exactly sure what to say to her. He looked terrified, and really uneasy.

"Shh Macca, it's fine, we've sorted it out, and Julia isn't mad at you Jude, now we need to get out of here." John motioned for Jude and Ringo to go first, and the rest of us were all sorta pushed out of the door.

"Yeah, but I still can't believe it." Paul was still really pale.

"A little baby Paul." He said at the exact same time as John quipped:

"A little baby John."

I instinctively took a step back, knowing this couldn't turn out well, and George put his arm around me. The two men in front of us both wore a face that was a horrible mix of horror and fury. This. Was. Not. Good.

A/n sorry it took so long, and I really had no idea what to write, idk what the others have planned for the book so, I hope that works for the story x