Chapter 20

Third Person POV

  Julia opened her eyes slowly. She was lying on a couch in an unfamiliar room, with two pairs of brown eyes looking down at her. Julia smiled when she saw Paul and John smiling at her.

"Finally,you're awake," Paul breathed.

"Took you long enough to decide we were better than any dream you could've been having, aye?" John said with a snort. Julia giggled, making Paul wrinkle his nose. Then he brightened, taking Julia's hand.

"Welcome to 1966 love," Paul said cheerfully. "Come on, I'll show you 'round the place."

  Julia nodded, allowing Paul to lead her out of the room. John followed at a short distance, his eyes never leaving the couple's joined hands. Just you wait McCartney, he though with a glare. She'll come crying to me in no time.

   **************************************************************************************

"There you are!" Jude greeted Joan with hands on her hips. "What took you so long? And what's in that bag?"

"Oh, that." Joan blushed. "Sorry, I stopped when I saw this cute puppy bobble head in the window of that little store next to your house. You know how much cool stuff they have in there? Man, I could shop there for-"

"Joan! Focus!"

"Right, sorry." Joan sighed. "I got the lemon. Let's go finish that recipe."

Joan and Julia scrambled inside to where Clarissa was waiting with the rest of the time travel concoction. Clarissa smiled at the girls, her ancient eyes betraying her inward joy. She mixed the potion slowly, as the impatient girls tried their best to stay calm. Clarissa gave them a knowing look.

"Don't be anxious, dears," Clarissa said softly. "You will be with your friend soon."

Suddenly, blue smoke began to pour over the edges of the cauldron. Clarissa smiled, rubbing her hands together. It was ready.

"Now girls, just imagine where you want to be, and chant aloud the year. You'll soon be there if you concentrate."

Jude and Julia closed their eyes. They focused on old photographs they'd seen of London in the 60's, and imagined themselves on the sidewalk. Then, in unison, they began to hum,

"1966...1966.....1966...196-" Before they could even finish speaking, the girls were gone.