Chapter 36

Jude stared at the fireworks that Guy Fawke's Day night. The cold, November wind blew threw her hair, tickling the back of her neck and causing her to pull her sweater tighter around her thin frame. She stood alone at the top of the hill, watching her friends hold their Beatles, and sighed. Everyone has someone, Jude thought. So why don't I?

Jude looked at her friends, each contently cuddling with the Beatle of her choice. Ringo hadn't been seen since breakfast, when he'd rushed out of the house this morning,saying he'd forgotten about something. Jude had been hoping to spend the holiday with her sweetheart, but Rings had seemed more and distant lately. Maybe we're not meant to be after all.

"Jude, Jude!"

Jude turned around to see Ringo sprinting up the hill towards her, as fast as his short legs could carry him.. Jude had to smile at the sight. He looks like a wee puppy learning to walk, she thought with a giggle.

"Jude," Ringo panted, taking a moment to catch his breath. "I...I have....something to tell you."

"Like where you've been all day?" Jude said coldly, tilting her head to the side. Ringo lowered his gaze.

"I'm sorry love," he said, scratching his head. "I should've said something. Forgive me?" Jude smiled.

"It's alright, Ringsie," she said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'll always forgive you."

"You will?" Ringo brightened.

"Of course," Jude replied.

"Then...forgive me when I say...I don;t want to be your boyfriend anymore..."

"W-what?" Jude's eyes filled with tears.

"No," Ringo said solemnly, reaching into his coat pocket. He retrieved a small box, which he opened slowly, revealing its sparkling contents. "I want to be your husband."

Jude's eyes widened as Ringo got down on one n=knee in the grass in front of her.

"R....Rings-"

"Jude...will you give me all your lovin'....forever?"

Jude's mouth dropped open. Fresh tears formed in her eyes as Ringo slipped the small, silvery band around her finger. A single tear escaped her eyes, resting on the shimmering gemstone.

"Oh Ringo...yes, yes, yes!!!"

Jude threw her arms around Ringo, hugging him tightly. Ringo gave a cry of joy, picking Jude up and giving her a long, passionate kiss. This was the happiest moment of his life.

"Well, well," a familiar, nasally voice called. "It seems as if she said yes."

Jude and Ringo separated, looking down the hill. The other Beatles and their girls were heading up the hill, lead by John and Julia. Each Beatle's girl had a new decoration on her right ring finger. Jude grinned. Now they really were Beatlettes.

*************************************************************************************************

Jude scurried down the street in her new high heels. Her arms were laden with bags from her shopping spree, and there were shoe boxes stacked up to her forehead. How she'd ended up carrying all  the bags was beyond her, but, as was the inevitable, she tripped and dropped her things. Unexpectedly, she just happened to bump into a person that would change her fate.

"Hey man," a voice said. "Watch where you're going. What were y-...oh, you're a chic. Sorry lady. Can I help you up?"

Jude looked up and gasped. Staring down at her were two sparkling blue eyes, peering out from underneath smooth, chocolate bangs. A calloused hand reached out to take hers, and the skin beautifully tanned. Jude could hardly believe it. Three weeks to the wedding, and.... I'm falling in love.

"Hey, are you okay?" the voice said, now sounding concerned. Jude shook her head.

"Yes, I'm sorry," she managed, accepting the man's help. The strangers smiled as he helped Jude gather up her bags.

"Do you need a ride home?' he said. "My car's on the next block."

"Oh, no thank you," Jude said. "I can manage. My friends are waiting for me at the bus stop."

The man nodded, seeming, could it be, disappointed.

"Will you take my number so we could, um. get back in touch sometime?" he said, breaking the awkward silence. Jude nodded, as the man hastily scribbled his information on a forgotten receipt. He handed it to Jude, who accepted it gratefully.

"See you around sweetheart," the man said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Jude all but fainted as he gave her a wink, and disappeared around a corner. She could hardly believe her luck, whether it was good or bad; she had just met Micky Dolenz, and had a new crush.

*************************************************************************************************
A/N; Hi everyone! Sorry to say, this is the end of the book, but not the end of the story! Look for book two coming soon! Thanks for reading, commenting and voting on this story! Thanks also to my fellow writers, especially @AndYourBirdCanWrite for inviting me to be a part of this story. Thanks again, peace and love.
                                   @anakinbridger541