↳ ii. detention

₊‧✩*✿「chapter 2」✿*✩‧₊

'MISS DIGGORY.' PROFESSOR mcgonagall said. 'you are late.' surprised?

'sorry professor. i got a bit distracted by hermione.' i say, quickly taking a seat.

'hm.' professor mcgonagall hummed. 'now i want you two write 'i must not be out at night' 100 times. go.' i glance around the room, not knowing that someone else was there. i make eye contact with a slytherin. adrian pucey. great.

after about 15 minutes, filch burst in the room asking for professor mcgonagalls help with two students. care to take a guess on who they were?

a second after she left, i saw pucey turn to look at me. 'oi, diggory.' he said. nope. 'diggory.' he tried again. i rolled my eyes.

'what?' i ask, trying to keep calm. one thing that really annoys me is prejudices slytherins. hate them.

'why you here?' he asks. i roll my eyes again.

'the same reason you are, pucey. now sh.' i say turning back to the lines i was writing. the quicker i write, the faster i get out of here. the faster i can get away from his stupid ass.

the next thing i knew, i felt a ball of paper hit the side of my head. what the hell. i whip my head around and glare at him. 'what do you think you are doing?' i hiss.

he just looks at the paper that he through. i sigh as i pick it up and open it.

go to hogsmeade with me?

(a/n: idk if i spelt hogsmeade right, sorry if i didnt)

i turned my head towards him with a disgusted look on my face. 'no i do not want to go to hogsmeade with you. now if you don't mind, please, shut up.'

at that moment, professor mcgonagall walks in. as if sensing tension she asked, 'is there a problem?'

'no professor.' yes professor.

'no.' pucey grumbled.

'good. good. now carry on with the lines.'

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

half an hour later, i had finally finished. i got out of professor mcgonagalls office as quickly as i could. it was nearly curfew, so i pretty much ran the way to the hufflepuff common room.

cedric was sat around the fire with a couple of his friends. 'how'd your detention go?' he asked as i sat down next to him, giving his friends a smile.

'it was normal. you get there, you write lines, you get asked out, you leave.' i say.

'you got asked out?' jacob, one of cedrics friends, asked. i nod a glare sitting in my features.

'by who?' cedric asked.

'adrian pucey.' i shudder. horrid boy.

'oh i feel bad.' lily, another one of cedrics friends, says. 'you must be so disgusted.'

'i am.' i say. i stand up. 'i'm going to my room. goodnight guys.'

a chorus of 'goodnight's' followed my ears as i made my way up to my room.

susan was already in bed, a book in her hands. 'oh hi via. how was detention?' she asked, as i walked in.

'as good as any detention can get.' i say, face planting my bed. i heard susan giggle. 'adrian pucey asked me to hogsmeade.'

'ew no.' susan said, 'please tell me you said no.' i nodded quickly.

'there is no way i would ever say yes.' i said, 'no offence to him or anything.' i add, not wanting to be mean.

susan laughed again and returned to her book as i got up to change in the bathroom.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

a/n:
another chapter completed.
idek what im doing for these chapters but its just whatever.
-jess<3

word count: 606