↳xxxiv. the end

₊‧✩*✿「chapter 34」✿*✩‧₊

THE BERG FLEW down to the roof of wickeds building.

'i think i got him.' jorge said as we all looked out the front.

'yeah that's him.' brenda says. 'i got the hatch.'

i rushed over with brenda to help.

'i can't get any closer.' jorge yelled out as the door opened.

'thomas.'

i watched as teresa dragged thomas closer. come on.

'thomas give me your hand.' vince yelled, stretching out his arm.

'get closer.' teresa yelled out.

vince held out his hand again and thomas reached out his. the berg moved before they could join hands.

'get closer.' gally yelled.

a building blew up which caused the berg to sway to the side. however it kept getting closer.

'come on.'

teresa pulled thomas on her and pushed him forward. vince and minho grabbed onto him, safely pulling thomas on.

'come on teresa.' i yelled out as i pulled thomas further in.

the building behind her made a loud noise and started collapsing.

right onto the building she was on.

teresa let out a yell as she fell from the impact of the buildings colliding.

'teresa.' thomas yelled out.

the building suddenly collapsed. teresa fell.

thomas yelled out going to reach for her.

teresa disappeared into the thick smoke and collapsing builder.

another one of my friends dead.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

'hi.' i say, sitting down next to minho.

'hey butterfly.' he said, kissing my cheek. 'you alright?

'yeah, you?'

'yeah.'

i intertwine our fingers together, giving his hand a small squeeze.

'what happens now?' minho whispers quietly. rubbing his thumb along my knuckle.

'what do you mean?' i ask. i knew exactly what he meant.

'well with us.' he says, 'you're probably going to go back to your time.'

silently, i pulled out two letters from my pocket. i handed one to minho. he turned it over and was about to open it. 'don't open it yet.' he nodded.

'what's the other one?' he asked.

i sighed softly before reading out loud,

'dear miss octavia diggory,

after your time here, i think your work is done. exactly 8 hours after you receive this letter, you will be home at hogwarts school again.
make sure to say your goodbyes.'

after reading the letter i gave it to minho. he read it over again. and again.

'you're really leaving?' he asks me, his voice cracking slightly.

i move my arm up to his shoulder and pull him in for a hug. he head going to my shoulder.

'it's been 7 hours since i got that note.' i whisper.

minho lifts his head off my shoulder. he places his hands on my face. 'why didn't you tell me sooner?'

'i didn't want to make you more upset.' i say, wiping the tears from my eyes. 'i'm sorry.'

minho pulls me back in. i wrap my arms around his waist and sob into his shoulder.

'it's ok. we both knew this was going to happen.' he quietly says. 'i love you via. don't forget that. okay?'

i pull away from the hug, 'i love you too. don't you forget that.' i lean in and kiss him for the last time.

we both pull away and i rest my forehead on his.

'goodbye minho.' i say, standing to my feet and letting his hand go.

'goodbye butterfly.' he whispers after me.

i walked away from the safe haven and to a hidden area that no one could see. sitting down softly, i close my eyes in hopes i'll wake up home again.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

my eyes open with a start as i feel my shoulders get shaken. my gaze meets the familiar face of my brother.

'tav. oh my merlin, you're ok.' cedric says as he pulls me into a sitting position.

i close my eyes for a second before opening them again.

'cedric?' i whisper.

'yes tav, it's me.' cedric says, pulling me into a long hug. 'you're ok. you're home again.'

a noise escapes my throat. i only just realise i'm crying.

'i can't believe i'm back. i'm actually back.' i say, 'i didn't truly believe it would work but it did and i'm back. oh i never said goodbye to thomas.'

'thomas?' cedric asked.

'it's a long story.' i say, pulling my legs to my chest and wiping my eyes.

'well,' cedric says, 'i've got all day.'

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

a/n:
the last chapter
OH I FEEL EMOTIONAL RN
its been amazing
BUT NEVER FEAR
WE STILL HAVE THE EPILOGUE
although i wrote it before this chapter
that doesn't matter tho
love you lots
-jess<3

word count: 770